Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried any of his books? I really like "The Mirror of Her Dreams" and "A Man Rides Through". I also liked the Thomas Covenant series, which my hubby has read repeatedly over the last 18 years or so. I wish they were available for the Kindle.

·
Registered
869 Posts
WolfePrincess73 said:
Anyone tried any of his books? I really like "The Mirror of Her Dreams" and "A Man Rides Through". I also liked the Thomas Covenant series, which my hubby has read repeatedly over the last 18 years or so. I wish they were available for the Kindle.
I've read the same two books you have & like them, too. Never got into the Thomas Covenant series.

Hope others can help you more!

Marci

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I had never heard of him, let alone read any, but I notice one is a bargain book on Kindle at $2.95

Neither Mirror of her Dreams nor A Mar Rides Through is on Kindle

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,246 Posts
Marci said:
Never got into the Thomas Covenant series.

Marci
The problem with Thomas Covenant is that you spend the first 5 or 6 chapters of the first book hating the protagonist and wanting to throw the book across the room (maybe a good thing it's not on Kindle?). . . .if you can get past that point the story begins to gel. . . .and you'll probably want to keep reading the other 5 books.

Such was my experience, anyway.

Ann

·
Registered
168 Posts
WolfePrincess73 said:
Have paper copies of them all. Haven't touched the Covenant series in a number of years, but since I've re-read Mirror and Man a few times, I'd go for Kindle copies for sure. Did some clicking!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the clicking...lol! If I could get something on Ken that the hubby likes to read, maybe he wouldn't be so jealous of all the time I spend "stroking" Ken.  ;D Of course, I would have to get a second Kindle for the hubby, cause I don't share well!  :p

B

·
0 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
The problem with Thomas Covenant is that you spend the first 5 or 6 chapters of the first book hating the protagonist and wanting to throw the book across the room (maybe a good thing it's not on Kindle?). . . .if you can get past that point the story begins to gel. . . .and you'll probably want to keep reading the other 5 books.

Such was my experience, anyway.

Ann
I continued hating him for the entire series.

·
Registered
731 Posts
"Thomas Covenant the Unlikable"  I never finished the series so I don't know for certain that I would have kept disliking him. I have a vague memory of nausea associated with this series. I tried very hard to get a friend to stop reading them; when he finished the series he wanted to know why I'd let him keep on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts