Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I see this article was written in November of 2007. I'll bet Mr. Reisinger is eating his words now. It's obvious from the article that he's not much of a reader and just doesn't "get it."

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I got a kick out of that article, it did make me chuckle.  I do admit the I think the Kindle is a bit ugly, it doesn't have the sexy look that most electronics have.  As for the rest of the article, yes, it was very apparent that he isn't an avid reader (or very intelligent).  I don't think you even need to be an avid reader to understand the benefits of a device like this.

And some of the comments where also amusing.  I can't believe how a couple of the people think that reading on their iPhone or Blackberry is a good thing.  I have a lot of stuff on my phone (word documents, mail, contacts, everything I have on my pc).  But it's all for reference or if I'm in a pinch and need something.  Nobody could spend hours reading a phone.

Oh, some people drive me nuts.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Thanks for posting that. Was interesting to say the least.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
What an entertaining article.  Thanks for posting.  I am fairly new to Kindle, having purchased mine after the Oprah show in October 2008.  How was the Kindle selling prior to Oprah's endorsement?  Perhaps the most important part of Kindle's success is Amazon's ability to provide e-books to their customers.  Amazon has a perfect Kindle package! 

The most amusing part of the article was his attitude that 'It wil never work because no one has done it this way before'.  In this day of 'electronic enlightenment' the writer wouldn't have to look into a crystal ball to realize that Kindle could be very successful.

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
ProfCrash said:
LOL The problem is people are going to believe that that converation is real and they won't read the last paragraph.
I had that Exact Same Thought. . .:)

Ann

·
Registered
41 Posts
After reading several books (DTB's) about Steve Jobs, I can just imagine him saying exactly those words, even though this is a fictional conversation.

But don't write Apple off on producing an eReader.  Steve is good at deflecting interest away from products that are actually under development at Apple.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts