Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that some people mentioned the book Still Alice and how they wanted it on Kindle.

It is now available!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Thank you for posting this.  I think I was the one originally requested.  I also emailed the author who immediately wrote back saying that she forwarded the request to her publisher.  The next business day she sent an email saying that she'd heard back and they would get it published for the Kindle asap.  She also told me that she is looking to buy a Kindle herself.  :)

Anyway, I read the book and highly recommend it.  My personal knowledge of Alzheimers is only from people I know that have been the caregivers...and only one case was early on-set. This is told from the perspective of the patient, one who is successful and at the prime of her life when it hits.  It's a book that draws you into the mind of the patient and makes you think a lot...about what you have and how it can all change with a simple diagnosis.  It moves quickly which makes it an easy read but one that stays with you after you've put it down.     

1 - 4 of 4 Posts