Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this book on display at Barnes and Noble. It caught my eye, oddly enough, because the copy on top was sort of crumpled up and damaged. I picked it up to hand to the salesperson for her to send back to the publisher and thumbed through it...liked the look of it, downloaded a Kindle sample, and, well - proceeded to read the whole darn thing. I love this book. I've seen two people deteriorate from vibrant healthy adults to completely helpless infantile shells of their former selves due to Alzheimer's disease, and this book offers a glimpse from the OTHER side. I highly recommend it.

boy I hope that link worked. I am having the worst time with the linking thing....

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I read this when it came out...amazing book, one of those books you want to shove into other peoples' hands and tell them they HAVE to read it. I liked it so much it's on my gift-giving list this yer.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I've seen this around, seen people praising it, and the cover is striking. I can't bring myself to buy it though. It just seems like it would be too much of a downer.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I can't decide if I want to read it or not!  Did anyone see the movie "Away From Her"?  Wow.  Sad. 

1 - 7 of 7 Posts