Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, a friend of mine just received the first copy of my new paperback book, and the page color is white when I expecting it to be cream. At some point I must have accidentally switched it.

I've checked some other KDP forums, and they seemed to say the bad news was the page color is totally permanent and cannot be changed in any way. This is obviously not good. Even unpublishing it, changing the page color, and then publishing it again under the same name would violate the Amazon terms it seems. Apparently there's just nothing that can be done.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences? Was anyone able to find a solution to this sort of thing?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the new version allowed to have the same title and the same cover? I get that the ISBN would be different.

Someone told me that if Amazon detects two books with the exact same name / cover (in paperback), it will not allow this. I don't want to have to change the book's title or cover.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I would become Version 2, or Edition 2, and appear instead of the original.  I think that's correct. Similar if you change e-book enough, it becomes another edition of same book. In both, it gets new ISBN or new ID number. 

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Yep, have to unpublish, change the paper, republish with a new ISBN. For some reason, the paper color is something that can't be changed without a new ISBN.

Or decide the white paper isn't so bad, and carry on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really helpful advice guys, thank you. You make the situation sound a bit less severe than others had.

I guess I'm currently leaning towards telling people the white paper is intentional, rather than having a ghost book floating around the Amazon store for all eternity...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts