Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

A customer suggested I should join Kboards and let the cover designers in here know about our stock site. So, here I am!

We are The Render Shop and we create stock for artists and designers using 3D assets. We have a large selection and it is growing daily. You've likely seen some of our stock on covers!

All our stock comes with an unlimited use commercial license and if we don't have what you need, we do custom renders!

We have a great Facebook group where we post our new releases daily, so if you need anything for your next cover project, please take a look at what we have to offer!

Thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/therendershop
www.therendershop.com

·
Registered
516 Posts
Welcome.

You'll definitely find some customers here.

The most commonly requested render I see is for space ships. Though science fiction authors prefer to have exclusive custom models to match their series, they might be more inclined to use a non-custom one if you had a large enough variety.

Another most sought after would be dragons.

A lot of authors would prefer to pay a premium for an exclusive art, so I imagine you'll get a lot of requests for quotes.

Thanks for posting.

·
Administrator
10,097 Posts
Greetings to TheRenderShop! You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Cafe.

Now that you have an official thread, you'll want to add your listing to our Yellow Pages, found here: http://www.kboards.com/yp/. The listing is free to KB members and is completely self-service; you can add and edit your listing from the page. More information on our Yellow Pages listing can be found here.

In your thread here, we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have this one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service will be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again when you want to post.

You may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (as I'm doing with this post), you may reply to them, but otherwise you must wait seven days. Any pattern of posting designed to artificially bump your thread to the top of the forum is prohibited. Please note that very short or (one- or two-word) posts with no meaningful information are discouraged and may be deleted at the moderators' discretion.

Lastly, your posts and images will need to meet our "forum decorum" guidelines, which is the case for every member.

You may find that members ask searching questions -- about how your service works, for example, or what they will get for their money, or whether your service adheres to Amazon's terms of service. Such "vetting" is a common here and can be rigorous.

Note that members are allowed to provide civil and honest feedback about your service in this thread. That includes sharing both positive and negative experiences/interactions they've had with you or your service. You may respond to criticism in a civil manner, but name-calling, badgering, accusations of lying, and other breaches of forum decorum can lead to loss of vendor posting privileges.

Any and all disputes between you and your clients should be handled off-site.

Thanks,
Becca
KBoards Moderator

Note that this welcome does not constitute an endorsement or vetting of a service by KBoards. Members should do due diligence when considering using a service.

Vendor threads are permitted in the Writers' Cafe not only as a form of advertising that benefits vendors but also to provide one location where reviews of vendors can be concentrated and more easily brought to the attention of the whole community. For this reason, we make a reasonable attempt to maintain threads even for vendors with whom multiple customers report negative experiences.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Blerg et al. said:
Welcome.

You'll definitely find some customers here.

The most commonly requested render I see is for space ships. Though science fiction authors prefer to have exclusive custom models to match their series, they might be more inclined to use a non-custom one if you had a large enough variety.

Another most sought after would be dragons.

A lot of authors would prefer to pay a premium for an exclusive art, so I imagine you'll get a lot of requests for quotes.

Thanks for posting.
Just wanted to second the request for dragons. When I first started my series, they were so impossible to find that I had to forgo a cover with them entirely until I lucked out a year later and found my current cover artist. Welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all! :)

I will definitely put something up in the yellow pages section, thank you for that!

We try and put up several new items most days so I'll make sure I put up a bit more sci-fi and some new dragons! I have some, but I can certainly do more!

I should have mentioned too that if you do decide to join our Facebook group, we have quite a few free renders in members only area that are available to download so if you're unsure about working with renders, you can always have some fun playing around with them! :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/therendershop

1 - 8 of 8 Posts