Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

This is my first post here, I'm a newbie. I'm also a writer who is about to publish his debut novel! Right now I am trying to get my head around a few things.

My book will launch on Amazon in a few months. Right now I want to get some ARC's out into the world using things like StoryOrigin. What I'm trying to understand...

Can I in some way post onto Amazon to say that the book is launching at a future date? If so, how? All I can see is a publish button, but no other option.

Do I need my Amazon book live on Amazon before doing StoryOrigin ARC requests? Or do I just get StoryOrigin going and ask reviewers to post once the book has been released?

And with Goodreads - can I only put my book onto Goodreads once it is LIVE on Amazon, or is there also a way to get it on there with the launch date posted too before the launch itself? 

Any advice would be warmly welcomed,

Wishing you all happy writing!

Kiya 

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
You can start it as a preorder. During the publishing process there is an option to create a preorder, though you need to submit a couple of things...maybe cover? Go to Amazon author central and read up on how to start a preorder.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Can I in some way post onto Amazon to say that the book is launching at a future date? If so, how? All I can see is a publish button, but no other option.
-> Yes, you can do a pre-order but what's your purpose? If you want ARC readers to post a review on there before launch you need to link a paperback with your pre-order, if that's still something that works.

Do I need my Amazon book live on Amazon before doing StoryOrigin ARC requests?
-> No they ar etwo separate platforms.

Or do I just get StoryOrigin going and ask reviewers to post once the book has been released?
-> Yes. Give a maximum of two weeks to read the book. So gather interest and give the book out two weeks before release date. People will forget / no longer care ...

And with Goodreads - can I only put my book onto Goodreads once it is LIVE on Amazon, or is there also a way to get it on there with the launch date posted too before the launch itself? 
-> You can get in on there now. Just add it like you would another book that's not on that platform yet.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

I thought the pre-order Amazon option was only open if you have an established high sales author platform.
Perhaps that has changed where everyone can do it?

·
Registered
267 Posts
jvin248 said:

I thought the pre-order Amazon option was only open if you have an established high sales author platform.
Perhaps that has changed where everyone can do it?

Can't answer to that, but it seems low-sales authors would appear many pages down, and probably not benefit you much if you're a low-sales author. Like most things Amz does, it gravitates to the highest sales potential with anything it does. Well, like any other product sales, so not surprising if it limits its application value to generate the most sales revenue.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is no search function on-site, so I googled

story origin slog frog

And the top hit looked like this:

toryoriginapp.com › ...

1. Cached
To Amazon! Slog the Winged Frog & Sister's Surprise. by Javelin Jaaziel. To Amazon! ...

The cached link is blank, and the other one goes to a bundle of about a dozen similar type books at this URL: https://storyoriginapp.com/bundles/1b10ec6e-9f5c-11ea-b174-43de743f1903?bundleLinkId=fLGoj8J

The cache is blank, because I only uploaded my stuff a few hours ago.

Still a mystery if anyone requests an Audible promo code. ::)

Edit: it links to amazon, but wasn't able to discover how to browse audiobooks open for reviews.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Anyone can do a preorder, though it's thought by some to be pointless for a new author. If you have a fan base already, it might be helpful.

Reviews can't be posted on a preorder. You must do a paperback first, and reviews can post to that. I think the only way to get on Goodreads is to have the book published. Amazon will move it to GR itself, or you can start an account and list it (that's what I did, back before Amazon bought GR out).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts