Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the K1. 

I normally don't download books with Whispernet, as I don't have that access at my house.  In the past few weeks, however, I have been at a location that provided Whispernet access.  Both times I downloaded something (one sample and one book).  Each time, when the item downloaded, it threw off the order that my books were in on my Kindle.  The downloaded item doesn't come in as the first item on the Kindle (which it used to), and the other books are all thrown out of order (rather than being in the order in which they were last opened/read). 

Has anyone else had this happen?  What is causing it?

·
Registered
761 Posts
That happens on my K2 from time to time. What I do is delete some of the books I have stored on my hard drive (converted PDFs), then I reset it, then re-import those PDFs.
Also, in what order do you have your books sorted on your Kindle?

·
Registered
761 Posts
I do as well, and this has happened to my K2 a couple of times, but the trick I used above remedied it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Still cant understand why it happens. How many books is stored in your Kindle? Why are the other books being thrown?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jill75 said:
Still cant understand why it happens. How many books is stored in your Kindle? Why are the other books being thrown?
I only have three full pages and four on the fourth page. So, not really that many.

As far as why they are being thrown, I have no idea. The one I download goes somewhere in the middle of the first page, and it throws off the order of the rest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts