Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my kitchen is mostly decorative (and the fire marshal has ordered me to keep 50 yards away from the stove), I eat out most days.  And I used to take a book, but now I take Lola, so I can carry a number of books.

So, to get to the point of my thread, twice this week, service in the restaurants I frequent has come to a dead stop b/c the staff wants to see my kindle.  And today, a manager at the roadhouse came to clear everyone from the table, and ended up asking for details about how to buy one for his daughter for Christmas. 

Anyone else seeing this kind of behavior?  Or is it just that the people in my area don't get out much?  It should be mentioned that I stand way WAY out in my part of the world, as I have never been married, and did not get my house as the result of a bitter and prolonged divorce, but paid a contract my own money to build it.  I'm lucky every single day that I don't get burned for being a witch here.  But I digress.  Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Witches float.

Like a duck.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She can already swim.  Just in case.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Small rocks!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
The cashiers at my favorite dim sum restrauant were fascinated by my kindle, as were some people at Starbucks. I've done a demostration for my Japanese class more than once and now two girls from my class are hinting to their parents that they want one for christmas. My Asian art teacher and my Japanese teacher were interested in my kindle. My great aunts were really interested in my kindle. My friend also has tried to run off with my kindle, but I was her ride.

The weirdest experience with people who are amazed with my kindle had to be from one of my classmates (the one that I get the odd creepy vibe from). When I was sitting outside the school building as we waiting for the firemen to clear the building, my classmate just stood over me and just stared at me and my kindle. I said hi and all he said was, "I've never seen anything like that." I followed it with my "this is a kindle" routine, which was responsed by some more staring and more silence. I didn't know what to do or say, but I was luckily saved by a classmate that needed some input about the whole fire situation that was going down with the school building and the last class.

I would hate to imagine the reaction of a literature class to the presence of kindle

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It sounds like that was just a weird experience all together.

(It was a just a weird experience) (airplane!)

So, was the building actually on fire at the time?  Or was there just a fire alarm?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was on the moon at the time...with Steve.

·
Registered
21 Posts
wow...robin...an order from the fire department....
and I thought I was the only one that got that....well I got the order on the second kitchen...along with the burned up stove on a special platform just outside the kitchen window....just incase I step up to the new stove trying to cook I will see it and back away....but the firemen loved my coffee....

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
my brother forgot to turn off the gas stove once before he left the house...luckily my mom forgot something and ran back into the house then smelled the gas. My brother is twenty and isn 't allowed to touch the stove.

G

·
Vegas_Asian said:
my brother forgot to turn off the gas stove once before he left the house...luckily my mom forgot something and ran back into the house then smelled the gas. My brother is twenty and isn 't allowed to touch the stove.
I'm 47 and you wouldn't believe the list of things and people I am not allowed (by law) to touch.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My favorite quote (and it sooo aptly describes me) is one that I saw on various types of signage/trinkets at a Christmas bazaar:

The only reason why I have a kitchen is because it came with the house.

I seem to be in good company here.  ;D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts