Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the strangedog website and noted that Dark and Stormy night, Cats, Moon and Stars, and Starry Night are right now available. The starry night one looks like its new... and it's VERY nice. I'm trying to resist buying it because I'm tring to slim down my collection of Kindle junk, not get more!!! I know many of you fellow kindle-boarders are watching for these so go get 'em!

Here's the Starry Night:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
For the K2: CATS, DARK AND STORMY NIGHT and STARRY NIGHT.
For the K1: CATS and MOON AND STARS.

He's been busy. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
If Strangedog ever realizes how much money he lost because people weren't willing to wait for his covers to become available, he's gonna hate himself. :)

The accessory market is interesting, though.  It would be interesting to know how many model-specific covers/cases a company like Oberon, or M-2 might actually sell.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
jazzi said:
If Strangedog ever realizes how much money he lost because people weren't willing to wait for his covers to become available, he's gonna hate himself. :)
I agree. A few different times when I was ahead on my bills, had a little extra cash, etc I had considered buying one of his covers but when u go to buy u CAN'T!
After a while I just gave up and got over my want of a strangedog cover and moved on.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
just bought the last dark and stormy night now I hope I just don't regret it...stupid ? though DG has a skin i thibk would go perfect with it. do i place the velco on the skin?

·
Registered
284 Posts
koolmnbv said:
I agree. A few different times when I was ahead on my bills, had a little extra cash, etc I had considered buying one of his covers but when u go to buy u CAN'T!
After a while I just gave up and got over my want of a strangedog cover and moved on.
Same here.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Oh wow, they do look pretty good. Is "Strangedog" a member on these boards?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Kind said:
Oh wow, they do look pretty good. Is "Strangedog" a member on these boards?
I don't remember ever seeing a post from him. Sounds like a busy man, based on the information on his website.

A

·
0 Posts
jazzi said:
Same here.
Here too. He doesn't seem to realize what he's doing is a business, not a hobby. I'm sure he's lost quite a bit of money from people not willing to waste the time it takes to actually find a cover in stock on his site. Once upon a time I really wanted the cat one but after two months of playing the game of "check the site a million times a day" I gave up. The covers are very very nice but just not worth it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
MonaSW said:
For him it is a hobby. It's not what he does to make a living. It's what he does for fun.
Sure, I understand that. My original point though, was while it's a hobby, he's leaving a TON of money on the table unclaimed. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts