Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...did a search but didn't find a topic like this.  Thought it might be fun to share our Kindle Demonstration experiences.  So what was the most interesting demonstration experience for you.

I actually had a Red Cross blood technician pepper me with questions during a blood donation appointment.  Here I am, with one arm immobile, showing off the attributes of my favorite possession.  Just goes to show you how convenient the device is to use!  ;)

BTW...she was going to order one for her dear old grandmother right after work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I found someone who had the Kindle a few months ago through the Amazon discussions.  We agreed to meet at a Kohl's. 

There I was, with my hubby and my 2 kids (3 and almost-2 years old), in front of the jewelry counter (just before Christmas, so there were plenty of shoppers around), demo-ing the Kindle.  The kids started to get antsy, and I remember I was showing them the jewelry while the Kindle owner went over the Kindle features with my hubby (who would never get a Kindle, as he doesn't like to read)...we had to have separate demos (one gets the demos, the other gets the kids).

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha-ha, khamilton611.  Looks like you were on the receiving end of that one.

Have you since purchased and received your Kindle (can't tell as this appears to be your first post-YAY)?  If not, wait until you start using it in public.  It really encourages questions from total strangers on the street.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I knew I wanted to wait until Kindle 2, but I did pre-order it on the 9th.  It ships on March 2, and estimated arrival is about a week later (I did the free shipping...I may want it quick, but I've already spent enough on the Kindle and the cover!)  I have already seen the post on how to create the Amazon Universal Wish List, and put several things I want to order on the Wish List, so it is nice and ready when it does come.

I asked my husband if he thought I was stupid for buying the Kindle (he's the gadget-man, not me)...and he said 'Nope...not the way YOU read!'

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mine was in the Dr. office, sitting on the table.  I was reading when he came in and he started asking me all sorts of questions while I was sitting there in one of the stupid backwards dressing gowns. Ugh! :p

But I was more than happy to show him all of the wonderful features and abilities of my Kindle. :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Rivery was apparently being examined to diagnose her echolalia.
LOL, I was just trying to figure out how to delete that, server error while posting.

(oh, that was easy ;D)

·
Registered
788 Posts
In the Vera Bradley store.

B

·
0 Posts
stargazer0725 said:
Well, there's my new word for the day! Thanks, Bacardi Jim!!!

This is the book that introduced me to that word. It's brilliant and hilarious.

·
Registered
154 Posts
At the baseball field, between Little League games.  On a flight to Vegas, to my seatmate.  At the spa, getting a manicure.  And once I demoed in court to an attorney, sitting there waiting to be a witness at a trial.  Other than that, I usually demo at home, when friends come over.

And I'm not suffering from echolalia, but some of my demo-ees might be, they all immediately said, "How cool!," "That is so great," "Where did you get it?," and "I want one!"

·
Registered
224 Posts
stargazer0725 said:
I actually had a Red Cross blood technician pepper me with questions during a blood donation appointment. Here I am, with one arm immobile, showing off the attributes of my favorite possession. Just goes to show you how convenient the device is to use! ;)
Had a similar experience just today. Demoed for my doctor between being "numbed" and given a big-a** shot for "frozen shoulder". Could do it with only one good arm!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rivery said:
Mine was in the Dr. office, sitting on the table. I was reading when he came in and he started asking me all sorts of questions while I was sitting there in one of the stupid backwards dressing gowns. Ugh! :p

But I was more than happy to show him all of the wonderful features and abilities of my Kindle. :D
I actually had one at the "girlie" doctor, as well. Luckily it was during a follow-up visit, and not during my annual exam. That would have been awkward! :-[

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
ConnieK said:
Had a similar experience just today. Demoed for my doctor between being "numbed" and given a big-a** shot for "frozen shoulder". Could do it with only one good arm!
I had a frozen shoulder years ago. The ortho manipulated it under anethesia to break the adhesions. Three weeks of therapy and at home exercises and it was fine. The second shoulder froze and the HMO wouldn't pay for it, so it has stayed frozen. It's been so many years that little by little it is becoming looser.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts