Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever gotten the tip of their charger on the Kindle 1 permenantly stuck (broken off) in your Kindle. Mine kindle still works with a little jiggling of the original charger, but spare chargers won't do fit the hole. I could send it back for repair or replacement ($180) - no Kindle 2 for me because I have an SD Card wih 4,000 titles on it, and the new indle would be a step down. Just askin'

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Can you take a pair of tweezers and pull the tip out? 
deb

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
I've not tried this myself, but know of someone who did this for a different device, in this case to remove a broken off headphone mini-plug.

He took a piece of wire somewhat smaller than the pin diameter, put a drop of super glue on the end of the wire. stuck it onto the end of the broken pin, waited 20 or 30 seconds for the glue to set up pretty well, then pulled it out.

I'm not sure I'd want to try it with my not especially steady hands, but if your dexterity is decent and close-up eyesight OK, it could be worth a try.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
The super glue idea is an interesting one....

At what point did the tip snap? Midway? A the end? If it's near the opening, I would definitely try with tweezers first. If you're not good at this kind of thing, ask someone else to help. Sending it back for replacement ought to be a last resort.

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The black tip below the groove, and its secure in the Kindle. As long as I use the sme charger, I'm okay (sometimes with a jiggle). I can't see inside. As long as it's working, I'm not sending it back. I probabaly need to live with it until that day comes when it won't charge. Oi Vey. I'm not in a panic. It's been this way for some time, but I don;t know when it happened. I just noticed it about 2 months ago. I'm an original (Pioneer) Kindle owner from those early days of Dcember 2007.

Edward C. Patterson

1 - 5 of 5 Posts