Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I put one on my Kindle, gives a honest person a chance to return it and be reimbursed for their trouble. I am not sure that a "nefarious" person could not register the Kindle in their account.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Yes, it is on a little piece by itself. Look through all the paperwork carefully.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Was there a card about Stuffback? I thought it was on one side of that card, I believe.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Nope, nothing about it. There was the large piece of cardboard, the plastic envelope containing the invoice and the actual skin package. Nothing at all about stuffback except the charge for it on my invoice!  :-[
Looks like I'll be sending an email or calling them!

Susie

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I would, Decalgirl has pretty good customer service.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
You are welcome.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Anything that gets you your kindle back to you is a good idea, and StuffBak lets you offer a reward as well.

As to where to put it, on a K1 I found the top to be idea, on the K2...well...if you have a skin there's not a lot of places for it :-/

When it comes from DecalGirl (I got mine w/ the special offer) it's on a little srap of cardboard with all the StuffBak info on it.  If it wasn't in your mailer, someone flubbed up on their end.

·
Registered
599 Posts
V said:
As to where to put it, on a K1 I found the top to be idea, on the K2...well...if you have a skin there's not a lot of places for it :-/
Sure there are, you just stick it over the skin. I put mine on the back, in the top left corner.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
In my opinion, if a good person finds it, they will return our Kindle if you just have your phone number in there someplace.  I don't know how much a "reward" increases your chances of getting it back.  (maybe it does, I guess I don't know). 

Granted, $5 is pretty cheap, but why pay to have a middle man?  Anybody can put their own sticker on.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I agree with kim; it seems like you'd get the same results just from sticking a business card or address label on your Kindle.  You could even write reward for return on it if you like.  I really don't see the need to pay someone to be the middle man in this situation.

·
Registered
599 Posts
marianner said:
I agree with kim; it seems like you'd get the same results just from sticking a business card or address label on your Kindle.
I stuck the StuffBak tag on my Kindle and I have a card with my phone number and email address in the pocket of my M-Edge, so hopefully if a nice person finds it I'll get it back, whether it's in the cover or not.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have one of their aluminum tags on my MacBook. It's a good idea, as it gives an honest person an easy way to return your item to you. It also lets you offer a reward for return, which may be enough to motivate someone to return it.

The nice thing about StuffBak is that they facilitate the return of the item for you. They work as a middle-man so you don't have to meet someone in a dark alley or crowded coffee shop to get your stuff back. They accept the item, and give it back to you. You never need meet the person who "found" your item. That anonymity can make it more likely that you get your item back.

Of course, if a dishonest person finds it, you're boned unless you have theft insurance. I do wish Amazon would have some sort of lock on the thing. Just a simple password protection would make all the difference. If they can't use it, then they have a lot more incentive to return it and claim their reward.

Just remember that StuffBak is a subscription. You get one year with the tag, but if you want more you need to pay for it. In my opinion, it's worth it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts