Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at Kindle Fire HD on eBay, 2 pages right now, I limit to US only, on some of the BID auctions, they are already MORE than you have to pay for a brand new one on Amazon.com and on the BIN, they are almost ALL, even used, more than you have to pay for BRAND NEW on Amazon.com.

WHY would a person do this?  Is there some advantage?

I am looking at the 32gb, black, non-cellular one.

·
Super Moderator
67,392 Posts
Never having used eBay for anything, all I can say is, just buy it new from Amazon if you want it.  You'll get one that has a full warranty. And you'll know it's not been . . . . let's say "removed from inventory without authorization".  'Cause devices that are reported as stolen can be locked by Amazon and won't be able to be registered.

I think sometimes buyers in other countries bid on things that are technically not for sale there and are willing to pay more. . . . .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Morning Ann!

Sorry for the delay in getting back here. 

Well I got my Fire off of eBay and at a really good savings, that's why I was asking.  I do eBay and have for 10+ years, saved a whole lot of money, but you do need to know what you are doing to successfully navigate over there.

I just could not figure out WHY people were paying more, NEW OR USED there than they would on Amazon.com.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Depending on what country they live in Amazon may not be able to sell one to them, so they will pay more on ebay in order to get their hands on one. 

Some people like the ability to use Paypal and/or Bill Me Later, which I do not believe Amazon offers. 

And then you have the people who do not do any research and automatically think they are getting a deal if it is on ebay  ::)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts