Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're out of the country and don't have the Whispernet, can you download the subscriptions to the computer and then upload it (via USB) to the Kindle?

Laurie

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
When I go to my manage your kindle page there is nothing there for allowing DLing of my subs. In fact it only lets me have them delivered to 1 device. Although they will be waiting in queue when you get back in whispernet range.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Yes you can download to computer.

If you go to manage My Kindle and in the Subscriptions section select Manage Your Kindle Subscriptions -- then click the little + sign adjacent to the individual subscription it opens a box with more options -- one of which is Download to Computer.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
No problem -- so many folks here have helped me in so many ways its nice to be able to pay a minuscule amount back.

·
Registered
460 Posts
You can definitely download through the computer/usb, and it's been a real life saver for me. I'm quite often traveling out of the US.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. I went to my Account. Never thought about the plus sign. Thought it was details of my downloading and billing. It's hard to know everything all the time. I try, but don't quite make it.  :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
angelad said:
So I guess its better to hit whispernet right before traveling ;D
It is, but if you're out of WhisperNet range (like out of the country) and want to get your daily subscriptions, this is the only way to go. It also works for any books you might purchase while out of range as well (obvious, but I thought I might add it for those who might not know).

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am outside the Whispernet range by about 5 miles and wondered if a magazine subscription can be downloaded to my computer like I do for books or do I have to take a short drive?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can download them from your computer just like a book. 

deb

·
Registered
460 Posts
I don't actually have any magazine subscriptions, but yeah, I'm sure you could just download them through your computer and upload them to your Kindle.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
L.Canton said:
I don't actually have any magazine subscriptions, but yeah,
I'm sure you could just download them through your computer and upload them to your Kindle.
Well, that makes getting the subscription not so fun :(

·
Super Moderator
67,294 Posts
I'm going to merge this thread with a previous similar thread on the subject. . . .

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for moving that Anne.  I did finally figure out how to download it, plugged in the USB cable, dragged PC magazine into the "documents" file but it never showed up on my home page....where did it go, I had no idea.  I called CS and right at the top under your name it said "5 books",  Cesar (CS Rep) said use the 5 way and high light the 5 books, move the 5 way to the left and "bingo" there was all kinds of information and....subscriptions was one of them, high lighted that and there was my magazine, safe and sound.  I really feel that I learned something today.  Kindle CS people are wonderful, didn't make me feel like a total goof.  Love those guys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts