Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any success on iBooks? My sales have flatlined there, not that they were very high to begin with. But I'm just wondering if there is a forum or something I'm missing. The interface with iBooks seems so unapproachable because you can only get to it through an iPod or iPad.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm kinda ignorant when it comes to all the various avenues of selling and promoting. I thought Smashwords promotes to ipad/ipod. Is this incorrect?  If I'm signed up on Smashwords, can I also sign up on ibooks?

I don't know if anyone else has the same experience as me, but I'm finding Smashwords is a worthless endeavor. I sell so few and they make it so hard for you to list your book, I don't know why I even I bothered in the first place.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
It is difficult to find paths into these other places, but with Smashwords, your books are listed so that readers with Ipads and Iphones apps for ereading can purchase them.  I took my books off of Kobo, however, because they lowered the price and made my books at Amazon depreciate. Smashwords can be daunting for the first couple of times, but if you follow the steps in the guidelines exactly, you will do good.  Practice makes perfect they say.  It certainly makes it easier.
If anyone finds a way to promote for the I-store, please share it with us.

·
Registered
434 Posts
If your formatting passes the SM muster-test they will allow you to pub at iBooks, Kobo, and their premier locations.  You decide which particular sites.  You can go direct with iBook, if you have a very clean ePub file and your own ISBN.  If you go direct, just opt-out for distribution to iBooks within SM.  

I do pretty well at iBooks, but the interface isn't intuitive.  

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I my question was more about how do you promote your book on iBooks once it's there (an yes Smashwords does distribute to iBooks, but I chose to go direct to them because...well...I'm a Macgeek). I just don't seem to see any forums (like Kindle Boards) that would help in the promotion.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Arthur Slade said:
I my question was more about how do you promote your book on iBooks once it's there (an yes Smashwords does distribute to iBooks, but I chose to go direct to them because...well...I'm a Macgeek). I just don't seem to see any forums (like Kindle Boards) that would help in the promotion.
Fellow geek, my iMac and I salute you. I wish I could go with iBooks direct but I don't have a US Tax ID, yet.

Yeah, less of the promotion hubbub in iBooks. There is no way to promote. Either your blurb and cover sell your book or it doesn't. It's a good way to see if those two aspects are working well.

Option B, set your book to free and hope people take a shot at it so you get some more exposure. A lot of up-selling happens in the iBook categories. If one book gets popular all that authors books will flood the top 100 in that category (I'm speaking of my experience in iBooks UK, can't see the others).

The Top 100 overall in UK is almost purely trad books (with the occasional longstanding Indie thrown in), as there is no promotion, barring WOM and advertising.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.