Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is the last day for my vampire/ghost novel, Heart of the Dead: Perpetual Creatures 1, to be free on Amazon. As the promotion is winding down I wanted to share some of my numbers.

US: 3,850
UK: 119
DE: 11
FR: 1
ES: 1
IT: 1
JP: 15
IN: 8
CA: 28
MX: 1
AU: 15

It topped out at #105 in the Free store (so close, yet so far away). It has held #1 in Suspense>Paranormal>Vampires, #1 in Suspense>Paranormal>Ghosts, and #2 in Horror>Dark Fantasy almost the whole five days.

I'm really a bit shocked. This is the best free promotion I've ever had. I used BKnight to promote the first day and Booksends for day two. I also used Author Marketing Club's Free Book Submission Tool to spread the word around (though I'm not sure who, if any, picked up my promotion).

People are already buying Perpetual Creatures 2 and I've already received a 5 star review.

I'm not sure if it's that this is a vampire book and, despite the word on the street, people still love blood-suckers. Or maybe it's because it's part of a series. Either way, I'm very happy.

I know the numbers aren't awe-inspiring, but it's good for me. Now I need to hurry up and write book 3.

Thanks to everyone who has pointed me in the right direction. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well done!

Can you perhaps share the numbers from individual days? Did you experience a noticeable drop off after day 2?

I'm thinking it's a better strategy to run the free promo for 2-3 days only, because of the diminishing returns and then schedule the remaining days a month or so later. It should yield a greater number of total downloads for the same resources.

But of-course seeing as your promotions were for day 1 and 2, it would also make sense that the drop-off would take place. When did you hit your peak? Day 3?

Again, well done! That's a very good number of downloads indeed.  8)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Day 1 I had approximately 920 downloads. Day 2 it went up to 1,140. Day 3 dropped to 390. Day 4 I jumped to 1,310. And today I've only had 360.

Those are my US numbers.

I'm not sure what caused the lift on day 4. I must've been picked up by some other sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
Gabriel Beyers said:
Day 1 I had approximately 920 downloads. Day 2 it went up to 1,140. Day 3 dropped to 390. Day 4 I jumped to 1,310. And today I've only had 360.

Those are my US numbers.

I'm not sure what caused the lift on day 4. I must've been picked up by some other sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice! Yeah, it seems like you got some extra juice from somewhere on Day 4, otherwise it would seem the downward trend would have continued. Drop off after day 2 seems pretty common. I'm probably going to limit my future KDP promo's to 2 days.

I

·
0 Posts
1) These are very good results. Congrats!

2) In the future I'd recommend stacking promotions together on Day 1. Also emailing free promo sites for Day 1.

3) By stacking you'd get into Top 100. That would give you immense visibility. IT's really great you got to 107 with a vampire book.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts