Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so happy with my K1.  No problems, couldn't imagine why pwople would even consider upgrading.  This morning I stomped on her!! a total accident, but she's dead.  The K2 will arrive tomorrow, but I feel like I am mourning an old friend.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Barbara M said:
I was so happy with my K1. No problems, couldn't imagine why pwople would even consider upgrading. This morning I stomped on her!! a total accident, but she's dead. The K2 will arrive tomorrow, but I feel like I am mourning an old friend.
Oh my, so sorry to hear this! I love my Kindle 1.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Oh that is awful. So sorry to hear about your loss. You will love your new K2, but it will never replace the first one. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Barbara M said:
I was so happy with my K1. No problems, couldn't imagine why pwople would even consider upgrading. This morning I stomped on her!! a total accident, but she's dead. The K2 will arrive tomorrow, but I feel like I am mourning an old friend.
I would be devastated if that happened to me. Did she have a name?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Oh, I'm so sorry, Barbara.  I hope you enjoy your new Kindle.  I still have my K1 too and still love her!

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Ouch! That hurts.

Did you already have the K2 ordered? If not, you're doing well to get it so soon after your accident with the K1.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
So sorry to hear about your K1...I hope your K2 arrives soon, problem free! (Be sure to check it out in the bright sunshine right away!)

Reminder to new Kindle Owners, SquareTrade (http://www.squaretrade.com) offers accidental damage coverage to their standard warranties at a decent price. MOTHER * is their current coupon, giving you 20% off.

* coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11.59pm PST May 10th, 2009 at www.squaretrade.com. Offer valid for warranties for items purchased from a retailer, and to residents of the U.S. Warranty must be purchased within 90 days of item purchase date.

(no connection with SquareTrade, but I know several members have used their warranties to good benefit!)

Betsy

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
So sorry to hear that. That crunch is such a sickening feeling.

I agree with Betsy to look into Square Trade. I decided to go with them for my K2, ipod touch, and iphone. I'll use them for my Kindle DX when I get it as well.

Enjoy your K2. There's a bit of an adjustment curve, but once you get use to the new button placement and keyboard, you should love it..

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
So very sorry to hear that.  These horror stories make my stomach hurt. 
There was a poster the other day who offered to buy someone's broken K1 so he could do some experimenting.  Anyone remember who that was?
deb

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Yes, Barbara,  you can post your K1 in the Buy, Sell Trade.

The guy who wanted one was the one who made the book light from scratch...I'll look for him.

Betsy

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Yes, Betsy, that's right.  Thank you.
deb

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
I think it's CK. . .the homemade booklight guy, that is. . . .

Ann

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Oh, this made my stomach do a flip.  I'm so sorry to hear about your loss!  I cannot even get my mind around not having MaKK, my KK...... even with a K2 replacement on the way.  I would be one unhappy camper.  I'm sure you'll love your K2..... but that first love will always be dear to your heart!!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
oh man!  I'm so sorry that happened to you, I would be sick if I broke my K1!  I'm glad to hear that you'll be getting a replacement so soon though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you all for your condolences. No, sadly, she didn't have a name. Her replacement came today (I had it overnighted, I was in the middle of a book!!!) and so far, I don't like 2 as much, but I think that's because before I bought 1, I read all the manuals and knew how to use it.

When she came today, I had friends over for lunch, they wanted to see it and so out she came, I didn't have time to read the instructions, and had to demonstrate a new Kindle just like that.  And I couldn't get it do do much at all.

I'm sure she will become a beloved, if nameless, friend. Just like the old one.

BTY, are there any special instructions for disposal of the remains? Do I take the battery out and toss her, or do I put her in the computer recycling center?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts