Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sudden Death is now FREE at the Kindle Store. Come see why James Patterson, Clive Cussler, Wendi Corsi Staub, & Tim Green endorsed it.

"Pure fun, pure intrigue. The action never stops till a fascinating climax!" Clive Cussler

"Although they're sports themed, you don't need to even like sports to enjoy Balkind's mysteries!"

If you enjoy Sudden Death, the sequel, Dead Ball is only $0.99. It was also endorsed by many including bestseller, John Lescroart.

Over 5,000 Kindle readers have downloaded Sudden Death in the last 4 days. I hope you'll check it out while it's FREE!As many reviewers have said, "You don't need to even like sports to enjoy Balkind's mysteries!"

Please visit my site to read the first chapters or enter my unique contests. (Win signed sports stuff or maybe Be Named in a Novel.)
Thanks so much for your support. http://balkindbooks.com

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ladyknight -
I hope you enjoy Dead Ball as much as you did Sudden Death. i'm still smiling about your 5 star review.
You are the best!

Michael

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just received my first blurb for Dead Ball -

"Big Sport, Big Money, Big Suspense - Michael Balkind hit another one right down the middle."
Dave Donelson

Author of Heart of Diamonds, A novel of scandal, love, and death on the Congo.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I really don't like spending more than $5 for books, but did go ahead and get this one - it better be good  :mad: don't know when I'll get to it, still have your other one to read  ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anju -
Thanks for purchasing Dead Ball.
I look forward to hearing what you think of it. And Sudden Death too.
Have a great weekend.

Michael

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi everyone - I read Sudden Death a while ago and enjoyed it....here's my review:

"Michael Balkind's "Sudden Death" is a great read, even if you are not a master of the game. I never would have thought that I would enjoy unraveling the mystery of golf while unraveling a mystery in a book. And believe me, I enjoyed all of it - A very, enjoyable quick read.

Sudden Death will keep you guessing right up until the exciting end!"

J.R. Reardon
author, "Confidential Communications"

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the review J.R.
The kindleboard community is such a great place!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi ladyknight-
Thanks for purchasing Dead Ball. I look forward to hearing what you think of it.
My first two cover blurbs just arrived in the mail - I will post them soon.
Thank for your support.
Michael

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dead Ball review

"From the opening page of Michael Balkind's crackling thriller, Dead Ball, one thing, and perhaps only one thing, is certain, golf legend Reid Clark is being stalked by trouble. With the discovery of his best friend's dead body, Clark is propelled into a frenzied search for the killer with the aid of a team of capable and loyal friends including investigative genius, Jay Scott, who digs into the shadowy corners of the business side of sports only to discover even the most admired among them can have secrets which prove deadly.

Balkind lays out the search for answers like the great golf course designer, Albert Tillinghast, laid out his fairways and greens, with a mix of challenge and reward, deception and epiphany, gracing his readers with an enjoyable walk through the pages culminating in a satisfying finish. Along the way, Balkind reveals his own appreciation for and knowledge of a wide array of martial arts and sports, making it clear why he chooses to base his mysteries in that world, he knows it, he loves it, he writes it so well.

There are mystery writers. There are sports writers. And then there's Michael Balkind."

Don Dahler - WCBS-TV News Anchor and Author of A Tight Lie & Water Hazard (coming 2010)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ladyknight -
I am absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed Dead Ball so much. I am almost done with my manuscript for Stealing Gold - then editing - editing - and more editing.

I took a break from my Deadly Sports Mysteries to co-author The Fix with ESPN Anchor, Ryan Burr. That manuscript is being rewritten and edited now also.

Mind if I ask a favor? If you would, please write a small review on the amazon kindle page. I'd love to use it on my website.

Thanks again,
Michael Balkind

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"Michael Balkind has "Who-Dunit" again. Dead Ball offers an intriguing look at a
different side of sports."

Ralph Wimbish - New York Post Sports Editor

·
Registered
85 Posts
Good evening my kindle friends......again, cheers to Mr. Balkind for yet another amazing thriller.  No, not just another amazing thriller....an even more amazing thriller......folks, you will not be disappointed in this one.  I LOVED IT.

Jeannine

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JR-
Wow! Thank you for the kind words about Dead Ball.

Michael

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"Dead Ball throws you into the game of professional sports, where murder is just another form of competition...Balkind gives you full throttle action from the very first page!"

Rai Aren - Co-Author of Secret of the Sands

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I signed over 200 advance review copies of Dead Ball at Book Expo on Friday and Saturday. I'm leaving now to head into NYC for the last day of BEA 2009. Hope to see some of you there.

The Kindle is a really Hot Topic at BEA this year!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Mike Monahan,
It was great to look up and see your (a fellow kindleboard author) smiling face on my autographing line at BEA last weekend. Happy belated Birthday!

I hope you enjoy your birthday present. (the signed ARC of Dead Ball - smile)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi All,
I have a quick request to any of you who have read and enjoyed Dead Ball. When you get a chance, would you leave a quick review over on amazon. I really appreciate your effort and time.
I'd like to add a few new reviews and or/quick blurbs to my next newsletter and to my website to help promote the upcoming paperback release of Dead Ball. Dead Ball (available on kindle now), will be released in paperback in about a month.

Thanks for your help - I hope this request doesn't offend any kindleboarders. I really appreciate all your comments and of course, your patronage.
Michael

1 - 20 of 41 Posts