Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my today is the first day of my Summer Break!  I just finished finals and my Kindle is my best friend.

Her and I have not parted as I endulge myself into getting back into what I love, reading!

I could kiss my Kindle! rofl

on a side note, how did you all choose your kindle name?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It took me all the way into my third trimester to name the baby inside me but I didn't ever give him a name I would regret.  I knew the day would come when I absolutely, without a doubt, knew THAT was his name.  So that's how his name happened.

I figure my Kindle will have a similar experience.  I think she's female.  I could be wrong and she's a gay male.  But not sure...

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I don't know why I'm compiling a summer reading list, because it looks like I'll be even busier than ever.

My kindle's name is my screen name. Being the Potter Fanatic that I am, Little Gertie is named after Gertie Keddle; the witch who first wrote about Quidditch. She lived in Queerditch Marsh, but that has no connection to the name of Quidditch.

Aren't you glad you asked? :D

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
I had not been planning to name my Kindle until I was thinking of a post for the thread "Finish this sentence: Send Wirelessly To...." http://www.kboards.com/index.php?topic=3633.0. As soon as I thought of the Great A'Tuin, I knew that was the name of my Kindle.
Anna

·
Registered
677 Posts
Congrats on surviving your finals! ;D

I am not very creative, but, since my Kindle is a girl, I thought Kindra would be the feminine form of Kindle. I know Kindle may be a girls name, but a friend of mine has a son named Kendall.

·
Registered
261 Posts
How wonderful to have the whole summer ahead of you and Kindle to keep you company! I would be in heaven.

When I took my new Kindle out of the box, I immediately said "she is so pretty" so she established herself as female right away. The name came a few hours later (My Precious) and I found that it was definitely better to wait until you have the Kindle in your hands -- its funny but it seems that they give off their own vibe even though they all look the same!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Your kindle could be gender non-conforming :) like my forensics lab bin for school: Jordan.

I named my external HDD Andi for (i)nserted DNA, backwards. He was the first genetically modified monkey, and it was the time when I was reasearching for my high school junior project.

I haven't received my kindle yet, so no name as of yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts