Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently decided to buy an Oberon cover for my K2 after being introduced to the brand here. It arrived Friday and I am in awe of the craftsmanship. I've read many posts praising Oberon's customer service, but until today I hadn't seen it in action.  I emailed them over the weekend to describe a possible problem with the top bungee on the cover and this morning (CA time) received an email telling me that a replacement cover (along with a prepaid UPS label) was on its way. Frankly, I hadn't asked to return the cover (because I was not sure if my issue is a flaw or not, given that the covers are handmade) and the fact that the company on its own decided to do a swap makes me even happier that I decided to make the investment in their product.  :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I received the replacement cover today and it is great. And the Oberon folks even sent me a second charm (which they told me to keep) - I make jewelry as a hobby, so the charms are going to become really pretty earrings.  Ellen  :D

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
nelle said:
I recently decided to buy an Oberon cover for my K2 after being introduced to the brand here. It arrived Friday and I am in awe of the craftsmanship. I've read many posts praising Oberon's customer service, but until today I hadn't seen it in action. I emailed them over the weekend to describe a possible problem with the top bungee on the cover and this morning (CA time) received an email telling me that a replacement cover (along with a prepaid UPS label) was on its way. Frankly, I hadn't asked to return the cover (because I was not sure if my issue is a flaw or not, given that the covers are handmade) and the fact that the company on its own decided to do a swap makes me even happier that I decided to make the investment in their product. :D
Which cover did you get? Also, not sure what you mean by the 'top bungee'. Glad to hear Oberon stands behind their products. They seem to take great pride in their work and I like that.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DD - May cover is the Forest design for the K2, in fern. The bungee I was referring to is the one in the upper right corner.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
nelle said:
DD - May cover is the Forest design for the K2, in fern. The bungee I was referring to is the one in the upper right corner.
Oh, ok. I wasn't thinking 'inside' and thought you meant the bungee that holds it closed. Enjoy your cover!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I made the earrings out of my two Oberon charms and they turned out really nice - I took a simple sterling silver earwire with a loop at the bottom, and all I needed to do was open the loop, slip the charm on, and close the loop. (I now realize how substantial these charms are!)  I emailed Oberon to tell them that I think earrings would make a great addition to their product line - and what do you know, they are in fact coming out with an earring line soon. I was told to check the website in about a month!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.