Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reminiscences of "Terror at 2 Feet". Last night while I was reading, a HUGE flying bug attacked me. I mean get a saddle and ride this thing. I had my K in its original case (which I like because it is light and is easily folded back). Of course I put the elastic band over the lower right corner to hold it in. So without thinking I swatted it away from my face with the Kindle, as if it was a paperback book. The K flipped out of the case and went flying across the room. My first thought was "at least I can still get a used K1" because I absolutely do not want a K2. But luck was still on my side. When I picked it up, it was still working; hadn't even changed the page. I've decided that not only can my Kindle fly (I demonstrated that last night), but it is invulnerable. Kind of reminds you of Superman, er...SuperKindle, doesn't it. I wonder what its Kryptonite weakness is?

Steve

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
When you looked at the bug afterwards, was it still HUGE, or had it reverted to normal size, come on, you can tell us. ;)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bug was so scared of SuperKindle, aka Klark Kent (nice one Betsy), that it left and never came back. I'm wondering what would happen if I run over SuperKindle with my car, do you think it would hurt my tires or suspension?  :)

Steve

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Scary story, Steve.  Glad your K1 is OK.  I hope it's Kryptonite weakness is not fading when exposed to sunlight!  ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Glad your K1 is okay!  I have dropped Estelle (also a K1) a total of 4 times now! 3 times she was in the cover (original) and onto carpeting. Once she fell off the couch and landed face down onto hardwood.  But she survived!  I am sooo careful with her but I don't know... I guess I'm just a clutz!  It's a good thing I don't have a baby.   ;D

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I have that same violent automatic reaction to bugs...I almost wrecked my car once when I looked down and saw a spider on my leg! :eek:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Whew!!  Happily, SuperKindle survived!!  MaKK has somehow survived my being a total klutz several times also.  Just this morning, I had put him - in his Oberon cover - onto my footstool while I went to get a refill on my cup of coffee (it is a chilly 40 degrees here this morning after thunderstorms/hail).  While I was in the kitchen, my dog jumped up on the footstool - where he normally sleeps while I'm in my chair reading - and he knocked MaKK off the footstool and onto the floor (carpeted).  MaKK was fine.... thank goodness because I don't want to give up my KK either!  Thank goodness they're able to withstand winged creatures from outer space and canine companions!

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
Too bad you didn't get that one on video! Amazon would've loved it as a promo shot... ;D
Maybe he could do a reenactment. ;D

Betsy

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Abouna said:
Why are you dead set against a K2? Just curious.
I have certain visual problems and any degree of lighter text is bad for me. I need it as dark and contrasty as I can get.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Maybe he could do a reenactment. ;D

Betsy
ha ha. In Slo-Mo! :D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Stevene9 - let's just be careful next time ok?  You might NOT get a KK and have to get a K2 -  :'(  Remember Klark Kent was vulnerable as well  :eek:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
lol, that's kinda funny just picturing your face in slow motion as the Kindle flys across the room. You dropped the F bomb, didn't you??  ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
And people say the Klassic Kindle is more fragile compared to the Kindle2.
How far could one of them fly and still be OK, huh?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
intinst said:
And people say the Klassic Kindle is more fragile compared to the Kindle2.
How far could one of them fly and still be OK, huh?
A Kindle shot put contest, K! vs K2. The K1 team is anchored by ...... SuperKindle!!!!!

Steve

1 - 20 of 62 Posts