Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember to Reprogram your DVR because the name is now Survivor, Caramoan. And more then likely, last season's name will not record.

ALSO:  Black out spoilers out of Consideration for those who have not yet watched or are in different time zones.

NOTE:  Post show is a new on line recap hosted by Parvati each week. Be sure to watch.

I can't WAIT!!!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, tomorrow!!!
Then Thusday via Internet post show w/ Parvati hosting. Previews look to be very promising. Looks like their stepping up the risqué and backstabbing side of the game, mixed in w/ a few nut jobs and muscles.
STAY TUNED!!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump.
On your mark get set go!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I cannot believe that I did not see a preview or anything for this show, ever.  I normally see about a week of reminders prior to the show.  Plus with my dvr not picking up the name!  Somebody in "the branding department" is not doing their job this time!  Excited too!    ;D

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
SJC, Thank you for reminding me. 

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're welcome.
Cochran was hilarious!! Can you say OUCH...Just saying!!
(Not really a spoiler)

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Poor Cochran!  I've known so many people like him.  He's such a character, like so many others we meet along the way.  A smart suntan (protection) company should snap him up, if they could help him.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It would be actually quite Hilarious to see Cochran in a suntan commercial. They could have him awkwardly carrying all his stuff across the hot beach sand going ooohh owwww barefoot w sandals in hand. All flustered and milky white. It would be a win-win situation!!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I'm telling you, those sun tan companies don't realize what a million dollar opportunity they would have with him!  It would be hilarious and therefore memorable!  Iconic-level memorable!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Am I the only one who was disappointed in the Favorites cast?  I have watched every season of Survivor but I would hardly call that group "favorites".  A few are good choices, but Phillip? a favorite? and someone who was voted off first in their season?  Very weak, I thought.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think the favorites cast could be better. There were probably favorites who were asked to participate and refused. I do think it is going to be an interesting season. I think they are going to play up the flirting.

I want to see Cochran in a sunscreen ad so badly!!

·
Registered
690 Posts
drenfrow said:
Am I the only one who was disappointed in the Favorites cast? I have watched every season of Survivor but I would hardly call that group "favorites". A few are good choices, but Phillip? a favorite? and someone who was voted off first in their season? Very weak, I thought.
Phillip, and Brandon for the matter, may not be favorites, but they bring conflict and drama with them. Casting nothing but fan favorites would be extremely boring IMO. I don't really have a problem with anyone there. I'm glad they're all only playing for the 2nd time instead of bringing back the same familiar faces that have been there 3 or 4 times.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I wonder if the "fans" have really watched Survivor.  Pairing up as couples most often ensures that you or your sweetie get voted off.  The fan group don't seem to know much about playing the game.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Last night's episode was pretty entertaining.  Phillip and Brandon are both so bizarrely crazy in different ways.  I have to say I find Brandon the creepiest person to ever be on Survivor.  I loved it when one of the players said he seemed like someone who turns out to be a serial killer.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I understand that they have Phillip there for tension, but IMO he seems to have a problem, delusional, perhaps.  There is a line between normal and annoying, and a troubled person.  And why is he wearing those pink underpants? 

I have to admit, and I am a big Survivor fan, that it is not as exciting to me as it used to be.  Similar to American Idol, it is losing its luster.  I guess it can't run forever.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Lee44 said:
I understand that they have Phillip there for tension, but IMO he seems to have a problem, delusional, perhaps. There is a line between normal and annoying, and a troubled person. And why is he wearing those pink underpants?

I have to admit, and I am a big Survivor fan, that it is not as exciting to me as it used to be. Similar to American Idol, it is losing its luster. I guess it can't run forever.
I don't think Phillip has a problem, he's just awkward and weird. I find him pretty entertaining. His pink underwear are ridiculous but I give him points for having the guts to walk around in them lol. In terms of serious mental problems, I think Brandon is much more worrying. I remember in his season he kept targeting attractive women so they wouldn't "tempt" him, and I think some domestic violence allegations came out about him. The guy gives me the creeps.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
JimJ said:
I don't think Phillip has a problem, he's just awkward and weird. I find him pretty entertaining. His pink underwear are ridiculous but I give him points for having the guts to walk around in them lol. In terms of serious mental problems, I think Brandon is much more worrying. I remember in his season he kept targeting attractive women so they wouldn't "tempt" him, and I think some domestic violence allegations came out about him. The guy gives me the creeps.
Brandon is definitely an odd ball, I am probably not as bothered by him because I am certain that he will be out of there shortly. Phillip, on the other hand! I have to admit, this is what makes the world go around. Everyone sees things in a different way!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Agree:  Couples don't sit well w other members. They are often targeted. The pink underwear are a hoot. Brandon IMHO is sadistic. All out creepy. The show has lost something; but not enough for me to stop watching.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts