Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's in PDF foremat so now my mom can download it too. She was going to purchase the Susie Orman book at costco's. I also just downloaded and am emailing it to  myself  ;D

theresam

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Thanks for the instructions.  Just downloaded Suze's book and sent it to my Kindle.  Had never done this before.  Now I am on table of contents and will make a note at each chapter telling the location number in my note.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Dori said:
Thanks for the instructions. Just downloaded Suze's book and sent it to my Kindle. Had never done this before. Now I am on table of contents and will make a note at each chapter telling the location number in my note.
You don't have to put the location number in. Just click on your note and it will take you right to that spot in the book.

·
Super Moderator
67,253 Posts
Dori, you are too clever!  I thought of going through and putting a lot of bookmarks, but location numbers as notes on the ToC is a great idea!

Ann

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Dori said:
My notes are on the table of contents.
Oh, I get what you are doing now.

I'm making a note at each chapter, instead. Now if there was only a way to mesh the two together and recreate the links. ;D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I figured this out when I downloaded Andersen's Fairy Tales and it works great!

Takes a little while, but I will do that when I relax in my chair.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Looks like this Suze Orman book won't be free on the Kindle. How disappointing.

I know about the Oprah PDF link, but a converted PDF just isn't as good as an actual Kindle book.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
CS said:
Looks like this Suze Orman book won't be free on the Kindle. How disappointing.

I know about the Oprah PDF link, but a converted PDF just isn't as good as an actual Kindle book.
Maybe so but free is free. :) I've got no complaints...especially since it was something I wanted to read but didn't want to spend the money on it.

·
Super Moderator
67,253 Posts
sebat said:
Maybe so but free is free. :)
Right. . . and I would not likely have purchased it if it hadn't been. But it will be helpful me to be able to respond when people ask me about it while I'm doing their tax return. It's good to know what the various "guru's" are saying and be able to answer folks questions.

I noticed there are a lot of footnotes. (I converted it with mobi creator) I hope they are properly linked, but I won't be surprised if they're not.

Ann

B

·
0 Posts
Just finished watching Oprah. It appears Suze's advice has been modified somewhat. She did advocate lining up your credit card according to interest rates. Then while paying the minimum on all the cards, pay what you can afford above minimum on the highest interest rate card. When you get that one paid off roll the amount you are paying (minimum plus overage) onto the next highest card in addition to the minimum for it. Continue until all cards are paid off.

I love her advice and am working to apply it to my own life.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I like to listen to Suze and think her information is right on the money.  She makes you realize honestly where you are and suggests drastic measures to improve your situation.  The number one rule that most folks break is  Do NOT spend more than you earn.  That is digging yourself into a hole one dollar at a time. 

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I like Suze, she knows what she is talking about. I only caught the end of Oprah but she was asking that everyone pledge to:
1. Spend zero money for one day
2. Use no credit cards for 1 week
3. Do not eat out for 1 month (this will be the most difficult for me by far  :-\)

Maybe someone can fill me in on the reasoning behind it. I pledged to do it, love a challenge! She will be on O every Thursday from what I understand.

Linda

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
I like Suze, she knows what she is talking about. I only caught the end of Oprah but she was asking that everyone pledge to:
1. Spend zero money for one day
2. Use no credit cards for 1 week
3. Do not eat out for 1 month (this will be the most difficult for me by far :-\)

Maybe someone can fill me in on the reasoning behind it. I pledged to do it, love a challenge! She will be on O every Thursday from what I understand.

Linda
Probably just to prove to yourself that you can and won't die. :D

B

·
0 Posts
Linda, this was part of her "action" plan. It is an exercise to show you how much money you do not need to spend. I was a bit amazed by this part. She did not advocate diverting the money elsewhere, just "do not spend it". The more I think about it, the better it sounds to me. It goes back to the way my grandmother lived. If there is really no reason to spend money, don't do it.

Suze's final word in this segment was "Do not spend money just to show others you can." (paraphrasing there a bit, but that is the gist of it)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
LuckyRainbow said:
Linda, this was part of her "action" plan. It is an exercise to show you how much money you do not need to spend. I was a bit amazed by this part. She did not advocate diverting the money elsewhere, just "do not spend it". The more I think about it, the better it sounds to me. It goes back to the way my grandmother lived. If there is really no reason to spend money, don't do it.

Suze's final word in this segment was "Do not spend money just to show others you can." (paraphrasing there a bit, but that is the gist of it)
Thanks LR for getting me up to speed. My Daddy lived like that to, never even owned a CC. Did you pledge LR?

Linda

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
LuckyRainbow said:
. If there is really no reason to spend money, don't do it.
That doesn't include Kindle books, does it?

Betsy

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
That doesn't include Kindle books, does it?

Betsy
It can't possibly include Kindle books because there's always a "reason" to buy one. And if there isn't, I'm sure we can come up with one ... or two or three. ;D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts