Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I know this might sound just a bit lame, but MOST LIKELY needs a shot in the arm, so...

If anyone is willing to buy a copy of Most Likely (only $2.99 wherever eBooks are sold) and offer up a review in a somewhat timely manner...

I'll be willing to buy a copy of one of your novels and do likewise.

I'll do this for up to 12 folks, and it will be for any eBook priced $2.99 or less.

So, a purchase and an honest review, in exchange for a purchase and an honest review.

Limit is one per person, of course. And I'll have to say no to erotica titles... not out of hate or anything, but I just don't read or review that stuff.

If anyone is willing to take me up on this offer, I think it's a nice "you help me, I help you" sort of deal.

Once I have 12 signed up, I'll probably have to close it off, since there's only so much money in my bank account. But I've been wanting to buy a few new titles anyway, so.... sign up! :)

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, one other thing.

I mean it when I say "honest reviews" going in both directions.

I welcome any review, whether it's 1-star, 5-star or something in between... so long as it's how you honestly feel about MOST LIKELY.

And I'll offer up the same sort of review. I guarantee nothing except an honest and hopefully well-written review.

(Take a look at a few of my reviews on my book blog, ScriptSuperhero.com. I'm pretty even-handed. Books I love, I still find constructive things to offer up. Books I don't much care for, I still find strengths in.)

No quid pro quo on reviews; if you think Most Likely is a 2-star book, I'll still praise your book as 4-star if that how I feel about it when I read it. And vice-versa.

So, that's the deal. Hopefully some of you will take me up on it! :)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hi Craig, I've had my eye on Most Likely. I will buy, read and review with honest feedback. Your promise of honest feedback is what made me respond, actually!  ;)
Cidney

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, really pleased with the two books I've bought so far... both are books I was eying anyway. Perfect excuse to get both! :)

Cidney, Julia, thank you for taking me up on this offer.

Both books go to the top of my Kindle to-read list!

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One note, and it's semi-important:

I really really do intend to read and review all 12 books as 12 people take me up on this offer.

However... it may take me a bit longer, as I'll be reading and reviewing 12 books whereas those taking me up on it only have to read MOST LIKELY.

But I do promise not to get lazy about it. I'll work my way through all 12 as quickly as I can while still giving each a fair read.

I love that the first two so far are also YA reads... I enjoy the genre I work in, even though I'm open to trading sales and reviews with those working in other genres as well! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is a good idea. I wish you luck.

Much better than advertising I should think because at the end you will have 12 honest reviews on your page. And not only that but they will be from other authors so it's likely they will at least be well-written reviews, thought out and coherent. At the end you are only out 36 bucks or so and everybody who signs up also gets a well-written review for their book and they're out even less!

My book is 4.99 so it's not eligible, but I respect the thinking behind this. Who knows, I might just buy your book and review it for fun now.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tristan,

That was kind of my thinking.

One could sink the same amount or more into a banner ad somewhere these days, and not get 12 sales and 12 reviews out of it.

And I get some fun reading material to keep me busy over the summer, so it's a win-win.

I'll probably take a look at your book at some point, even though it's not eligible for this particular deal. I love supporting fellow indies. (My less-than-a-year-old Kindle has over 200 indie titles on it, so I have a history of supporting fellow indies anyway.)

My biggest worry has been that someone would want to sign up, and I'd already own all their books! There are several KBers who fall in that category, with me.

NOTE: It's late. I'm going to write for a couple hours and hit the hay. I'll check back in the afternoon and catch up on whose books I need to buy-in-kind.

Two down. 10 spots remaining!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi Craig

Looked at your reviews and I am happy to review Most Likely for you. I have bought a copy in the uk.

Changers' summer is also YA but aimed at a slightly younger age group.

I am about to have a cataract operation so it might be week or so before I can read properly again ..

Thanks mike

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it, Mike!

Thanks for the UK sale!

The concept of your book sounds pretty inventive. I'll read it with interest to see how you develop the concept.

Three down! Nine spots left!

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
I'd be game, although I won't be able to get to reading and reviewing MOST LIKELY until after I get back from RWA Nationals. The conference is 2 weeks from today, so it won't be for 3 weeks before I can get to it.

If that works for you, it works for me. Assuming younger chicklitty YA mysteries are your thing. ;)

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds good, Ryne.

If you want to reserve your spot, go ahead and grab a copy of MOST LIKELY now, and I'll grab a copy of yours once it's up.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Amanda Brice said:
I'd be game, although I won't be able to get to reading and reviewing MOST LIKELY until after I get back from RWA Nationals. The conference is 2 weeks from today, so it won't be for 3 weeks before I can get to it.

If that works for you, it works for me. Assuming younger chicklitty YA mysteries are your thing. ;)
I love mysteries. I write YA. And my YA is as chick-litty as a male author can probably get, LOL. And I've read folks like Victoria Laurie, Victorine Lieske and Charlaine Harris, so... yup, sounds like something I might enjoy.

So go ahead and grab a copy of ML. Get to it when you can. And let me know which of your books you want me to buy in exchange. (Since I'm going to ultimately be buying, reading and reviewing 12 books here, it'll take me a while to get 'em all done, too, anyway.)

So... CODENAME: DANCER, right? The other is still forthcoming?

·
Registered
982 Posts
CraigInTwinCities said:
Sounds good, Ryne.

If you want to reserve your spot, go ahead and grab a copy of MOST LIKELY now, and I'll grab a copy of yours once it's up.
Okay, I went ahead and ordered it. I still have six books to read and review before yours, so I'll get to it in about four or five days at most.

I'll send you a pm when mine is up.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Amanda, I grabbed CODENAME: DANCER. Looks good!

Ryne, sounds great. Look forward to being among your first buyers. :)

Including Ryne's reserved spot...

5 spots down, 7 spots still open!

·
Registered
982 Posts
CraigInTwinCities said:
Amanda, I grabbed CODENAME: DANCER. Looks good!

Ryne, sounds great. Look forward to being among your first buyers. :)

Including Ryne's reserved spot...

5 spots down, 7 spots still open!
Thanks. Just to give you a heads up, it'll be a little dark. Until recently, I had no idea that my writing had dark overtones to it. :D

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Great! I'll one-click it right now. I'd been eyeing it for a while now, to be honest.

Actually, come to think of it, I do have the train ride to NYC, so I might be able to begin it in just under 2 weeks, but like I said, the review will have to wait.

Great idea!

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ilyria_moon said:
Terrific. Swallow's on my Kindle now, too, Ilyria. (Got it from the US store, not the UK... so you have a new US sale.)

Six spots taken. Six remain! :) (Not as catchy as "Two men enter! One man leaves!" from Mad Max Thunderdome, but I'll take it...)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.