Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, just kidding.  It's just that when I am asked to introduce myself I feel like I am on a dating website (not that I have been on lots of those.....well, maybe one or two).  ;D

Anyway, here I am.  Another Kindle addict who doesn't even have one yet!  I have been talking about the Kindle for awhile and hoping to get it for Christmas.  I just found out yesterday that one has been ordered for me......but it is not going to arrive until FEBRUARY or MARCH!!!  Noooooo!  I want it now! 

Okay, rant over.  :p  I'm glad I found this board and have been obsessively reading for hours now.  By the way, my real name is Kelly.  I chose Dazlyn as my user name because I use that name while playing World of Warcraft online with friends and family.  It tends to be my online persona.  Also, the picture I have as my avatar at the moment is Simon my amazing Jack Russell Terrier.  I have a hard time getting good pictures of him since he doesn't like the camera.  That picture was taken with Photo Booth on my macbook while he was distracted by the flashing lights of the computer  ;D.

Since my Kindle is still a couple of months away, I will continue to get to know all of you nice people!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Kelly, welcome! Glad to have you here.

You may be pleasantly surprised and find your Kindle ships sooner than Feb/Mar. Several members here have had that experience. Also, we have one member who has a few refurbs for sale. Check in the barter/sale board for details. I purchased a refurb (not from this person, from Amazon) to give as a gift. When it arrived, it looked absolutely brand new. There was nothing refurb about it. Just so you know.

Enjoy the forum. This is a fun and friendly place with lots of welcoming folks.

L

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Hello and welcome Kelly,
Happy to have another join the ranks of addicts.  Do you know what date yours was ordered?  There are many of us who also had the feb/march date but have received ours already.  Definitely spend time reading through the various threads.  The information is absolutely priceless.  
debbie

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
LOL SWF looking for.......  ;D

Welcome Kelly, we are glad you are here. Thanks for the intro. Spend your time with us as you wait, there is a wealth of information here.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all.  I appreciate the welcome.  You have also given me hope that my Kindle will arrive earlier than expected.  I was told it was ordered about three weeks ago as a gift for Christmas (I was sent the confirmation e-mail by accident).  In the meantime I will continue to obsess about everything Kindle and enjoy the people here.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Dazlyn,

We seem to be in the same boat.
I too await my Kindle.

It seems that the wait might be much shorter than we think.

I will hope so for yours as much as mine.

WELCOME from another waiting delivery,
Eric

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Kelly/Dazlyn and Simon! Welcome to KindleBoards... great to have you here. This is a great place to hang out while waiting on your Kindle to arrive.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, Kelly -

You win the prize for best "title" here in the Introductions board,  :D

Here's hoping you get to join that very lucky club of owners whose Kindle arrives before their estimated date.

In the meantime, you are certainly welcome to check out the Book Corner to join a book club or perhaps visit the Accessories to prepare for the Kindle.

Cheers,

Marci

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome Kelly!  A fellow WoWhead!  Please tell me you're not a NE though or I might hafta throw some Netherweave bolts at you!  Then again, snowballs are abundant right now in Alterac.... ;D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome Kelly and Simon - If you peruse all of the threads here you will be an expert on your kindle before you even open the box.  There is so much information here I spend way too much time not reading.

Hoping for early kindle arrival

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
ELDogStar said:
P.S. I should have stated:

SWM

Eric
It's not THAT kind of Introductions, LOL! (Maybe we need another board--Kindledating).

Kelly, welcome to the Kindleboards, everyone has given you all the good information! Congratulations on your pending Kindle! Keep us posted on your status, if you get more emails by error. And love the pic of Simon!

Betsy

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Welcome, Dazlyn.  I thought you were going to say you couldn't get a picture of your JRT because he wouldn't stand still long enough!  Years ago my mom had a terrier mix that was afraid of the camera too.  Point it at him and he would turn away and look for some place to crawl under.  Strange?!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Dazlyn,

Glad to have you here awaiting your Kindle arrival.

Nice to meet you,

-sailor

NYB <noneya business>

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Love your beach scene,  just talked to my brother. He is on the beach in Panama City Beach, FL

1 - 20 of 34 Posts