Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad gave me his Kindle, and I downloaded 5 books. Then, I realized that it's charging my mom's Amazon account (didn't even think about it).  So, I have to switch it to my account, and I understand how to do that, but my question is, will the books that are my Kindle now (the 5 I downloaded), still be there after I deauthorize and re-autorize?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
My understanding is that the books you purchased will stay with your mom's account and won't automatically switch to yours.

I'd call customer service and explain the situation. Since you are dealing with a small number of books and a Kindle that was given to you as a gift, it is easy to understand how this situation has occurred. CS may be able to transfer the books to your account.

L

·
Registered
261 Posts
The same thing happened to me. It needs to be de-registered to the other account and re-registered to your account. You can do this on your own, or you could have CS walk you through it. Once it is on your account, it will go through your one-click credit card, not your parents.

The books you have downloaded will stay on your kindle, but the media library that they are stored in may stay on your parents Amazon account - I don't know if those can be switched, you'll have to ask CS.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It worked perfect.  My books are still there, safe and sound.

I already told her I'd pay for it.  It's actually only like $30, because 1 was free, 1 was $3, and 1 was $6.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.