Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Kindle for Christmas and just love it - but have been thinking about summer - hate winter - and was thinking what happens if I get sand in my Kindle - is there another cover or would the skins I have seen help this? Would love to hear anyones thoughts about this - thank you

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hmmm never thought about the K with sand...Shall we hear from our members from the tropics? lol.

Welcome and hello Suellen! Hope you like it hear at the kindleboards.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome Suellen! Glad to have you here. It's a snowy day in Maine today so thinking of the beach is a good thing!

L

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Suellen - Glad to have you here.

Pidgeon posted some good links to protection for the kindle, any one should be just fine.  I think I'd be concerned about kindling in the sand too.

Enjoy your beach time.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Happy for you to be able to go to the beach with your Kindle. Those of us still waiting on ours gain vicarious pleasure from the ones who have already received theirs, and hearing how much you enjoy them assures us that we will, also.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Suellen said:
...what happens if I get sand in my Kindle...
Welcome Aboard, Suellen,

I would not advise bringing Kindle unprotected to the beach. Living in California myself, Kindle has been basking in some coastal rays with me, but it has always been protected in a Ziplock baggie when I go. Sand and electronic equipment do not make friends, you would ruin it.

+1 on Leslie's post for some protection ideas for you.

Nice to meet you,

-sailor <always carry protection when headed to the beach>

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Suellen and welcome. I use my Kindle on our boat and at the pool. This is what I have to keep my kindle safe:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also was worried about taking my kindle to the beach. found baggies to be too big to hold and built up condensation. last year i started to use an iLoc Case and it fits snug. keeps out water and sand. it only costs a couple dollars at http://www.ilocstore.com

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts