Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a fascinating couple of weeks. Two weeks ago our second novel, Catch Your Death, went live. A week later, our first novel, Killing Cupid, went into the Amazon.co.uk Top 100 after three months of tireless promotion (currently No 60). And now the second novel is just outside the top 200, no 8 on mover and shakers and really picking up sales. That's after just two weeks and we've done NO promotion for it at all, apart from having an ad inside Killing Cupid.

It just goes to show that what everyone on here says is correct: taking off is the hard part, and it gets a lot easier after that.

The bad bit is that I am now twice as addicted to KDP, which I never thought was possible!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Joshua Rigley said:
So I guess it's true what they say; one of the best ways to promote yourself is to simply write more books. Hmm. We'll see; time will tell in my case. Anyway, good job, and good luck for the future.
Or, possibly, one of the best ways to sell a lot of books is to sell a lot of books.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Jon Olson said:
Or, possibly, one of the best ways to sell a lot of books is to sell a lot of books.
No offense, but that advice is vague, at best. Of course you want to sell a lot of books, but simply saying "sell a lot of books" isn't going to sell you a lot of books, or help anyone else to do so.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
markedwards said:
The bad bit is that I am now twice as addicted to KDP, which I never thought was possible!
Wouldn't it be cool if they had something like those old stock ticker printers that you could hook up to your computer and run out your KDP stats constantly?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ryne Billings said:
I'm hoping that you're just trying to be sarcastic and unhelpful.
It's just a play on words. Different people will interpret the words a lot differently. Some people spend an inordinate amount of time promoting, promoting, promoting their one book and not writing anything new, while others write more work which can then help increase sales. His comment reiterates the OP's idea of having more than one book available, so it is a helpful point.

And congratulations, Mark. I hope your sales continue to climb.

·
Registered
982 Posts
A.R. Williams said:
It's just a play on words. Different people will interpret the words a lot differently. Some people spend an inordinate amount of time promoting, promoting, promoting their one book and not writing anything new, while others write more work which can then help increase sales. His comment reiterates the OP's idea of having more than one book available, so it is a helpful point.

And congratulations, Mark. I hope your sales continue to climb.
Ah, okay. I understand now. He was basically saying the exact same thing Joshua was.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts