Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the various Audiobook centric threads here on KB, we've decided to start podcasting a number of our books for greater publicity. We're currently waiting to hear back from the itunes store to see if our feed has been approved, but we do have three Free episodes up for download regardless. So if you're interested in Zombies, Vampires, and/or debauchery, you should check out our Podcast feed.

http://lacykevin.podbean.com/ Thanks. Enjoy.

Note: For aspiring book podcasters, www.podbean.com offers free account with RSS feeds to submit to the itunes store.

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
lacymarankevinmichael said:
After reading the various Audiobook centric threads here on KB, we've decided to start podcasting a number of our books for greater publicity. We're currently waiting to hear back from the itunes store to see if our feed has been approved, but we do have three Free episodes up for download regardless. So if you're interested in Zombies, Vampires, and/or debauchery, you should check out our Podcast feed.

http://lacykevin.podbean.com/ Thanks. Enjoy.

Note: For aspiring book podcasters, www.podbean.com offers free account with RSS feeds to submit to the itunes store.
Very interesting, and scary i should think? I don't think i would be able to carry off a good podcasting voice. i even prefer texting to phone calls lol. Good luck with it.

Mark E. Cooper

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the encouragement.  We just figure any Free exposure we can bring to our work, the better.  And once itunes approves our podcast, we may be able to catch some non traditional readers that have ipods that might be willing to give us a try.  (Fingers crossed)

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
lacymarankevinmichael said:
Thanks for the encouragement. We just figure any Free exposure we can bring to our work, the better. And once itunes approves our podcast, we may be able to catch some non traditional readers that have ipods that might be willing to give us a try. (Fingers crossed)
I use my iPod to listen to Audible books all the time while driving and at work... not when at the keyboard though. Too distracting. I will keep an eye out at iTunes for your podcast. I do listen to a couple now and then.

Mark E. cooper

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have podcast 3 books, and it is fun, but a couple points. First, Podiobooks.com is a great start. You get instant reward, as they have so many followers. Also, you can learn how to do it right on their Forums. Remember, a sloppy, poor quality podcast is not worth producing. PB.com will link-up up to iTunes automatically. Second, I think podcast listeners and ebook readers are two separate groups, not too much cross-over, so podcast because you want to.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Good luck with this Lacy. I have to do this, but it hard for me to find the time. Maybe after watching what happens with you I will use July (my writing free month) to produce a few audio podcast books.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Cool! I'll be jumping soon myself... writing a book meant for podcasting it.  Going to do it through PodioBooks.com probably while offering it as an ebook and paperback while posting chapters.  *fingers crossed*

-jb 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts