Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this is the wrong part of the internet to ask this question.  But still.

Has anyone gotten a shipping notice on "Tales of Beedle the Bard" yet?  It's supposed to get to the house on the 4th, and as of this morning, Amazon is still showing it as preparing to ship.

Yeah yeah.  I know.  It's a DTB, and JK Rowling at that.  But it's pretty.  And as anyone can tell you, I am all about outward appearances.
;D

Anyone heard an update?  Anyone?  I'll take anything, even the most hideous unsubstantiated rumor.

~robin

B

·
0 Posts
My "ToBtB" shipped from Barnes & Noble on 12/1. My scheduled delivery date is 12/4, which is the release date. So, I should get it tomorrow along with DD's Christmas present. Two UPS boxes for me tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NICE!!!!  I love UPS boxes.  In many states, I am legally married to my UPS man.

~robin

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I always go for the free super-saver shipping, so my copy isn't shipping until 12/8.  That's why I'm going to WalMart tomorrow to pick it up. 

I read the synopses of the Tales on Amazon not long after they acquired the original.  My favorite is The Fountain of Fair Fortune. 

B

·
0 Posts
I was able to get the expedited shipping from BN.com because I bought several other books at the same time including what was supposed to be Jim's Christmas present. Which he spoiled, but that is another story all together. I should be used to it by now. He did warn me of his psychic abilities.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
NICE!!!! I love UPS boxes. In many states, I am legally married to my UPS man.

~robin
Robin, I have to say that so many of your posts just crack me up. :D

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but that is another story all together
Come on, you gotta tell us now.

I read the synopses of the Tales on Amazon not long after they acquired the original. My favorite is The Fountain of Fair Fortune.
You mean there are actually stories in it? lol, I feel so bad. I bought it b/c it was pretty. I wish I was joking.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Robin, I have to say that so many of your posts just crack me up
Thanks! I'm working on my stand-up comedy routine. When I get done with it....I'll probably have to move to another town.

~robin

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
Come on, you gotta tell us now.
Yeah, we all love a good BJ story.

You mean there are actually stories in it? lol, I feel so bad. I bought it b/c it was pretty. I wish I was joking.
Did you get the $100 one? I haven't even looked at the cover of the paperback. I just love Potter. WB is having a sale and I got a Sorting Hat for half price. See, it has this hand puppet insert so you can make the mouth move, which I think is really neat. That's my excuse.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you get the $100 one
I did. What? It was pretty! lol, I picked my last 8 boyfriends on the same principle. Some call me an optimist. Some use a word that is far less kind.

You have a sorting hat?! Cool!!!! I would never get anything done around the house if I had one. I keep putting in on things trying to make it talk. But I did buy a wand from Allivan's wand makers.

I like to say I'm not superstitious (and people who know me like to roll their eyes a lot at that), but last year I was at work on Friday the 13th, and kinda bored b/c we didn't have anything to do....so I started poking around the net. And I stumbled on the Allivan's site from another Potter fan site, and found these wands. They were great! They have this collection called the solitaire collection, where they only make one of the wand (as opposed to the regular collections, which are probably for, like, kids, where the wands are lower in price and the edition sizes are not limited.) and then don't ever make another one like it, and I found one! It chose me in the little game they have on the site. (full disclosure: I find that very expensive things often choose me, whether there's a flash game involved or not). So now I have a wand in my Harry Potter collection. If you don't yet have a wand, I highly recommend that site. The amount of detail they put into the site alone is, to me, worth the price. And, they make their wands by hand, which I feel should always be rewarded.

B

·
0 Posts
Robin,

Jim has a bad habit of spoiling most "surprise" presents. He has this uncanny ability of picking up a present and just "knowing" what is in it. This time the surprise was supposed to be the latest Repairman Jack book by F. Paul Wilson, which he had neglected to find out was being released. I made the mistake of looking for some upcoming release date and that made him decide to "check" all his favorite authors and series. I knew I was sunk immediately. Repairman Jack is his major weakness. I had to tell him "You can't order it", so he knew I already had instinctively. Oh well, c'est la vie.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
D'oh!  I have an aunt that can do that.  It's weird.  Like, freaky weird.  I've started trying to throw her off by getting her gifts that fit inside other gifts.

That is not working well, in case you want to try it.

****Woo hoo!  Just got the ship notice from Amazon!!!!

B

·
0 Posts
I actually did fake him out a few years ago when I bought him the "Lord of the Rings" version of Trivial Pursuit. I broke it open and wrapped the cards separately from the rest. He was totally shocked.

B

·
0 Posts
Oooooooh!  I'm "physick."  Better not come around me if you have any sekrets.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oooooooh! I'm "physick."
Wasn't that the big guy in "The Princess Bride"?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Look, if you're the same size as Andre the Giant, pretty soon we're all gonna be on your side, b/c the board's gonna tilt.

~robin

B

·
0 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
Look, if you're the same size as Andre the Giant, pretty soon we're all gonna be on your side, b/c the board's gonna tilt.
I can't help the way I'm built.
;D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
NICE!!!! I love UPS boxes. In many states, I am legally married to my UPS man.
~robin
ROTFLM*O.

Robin, I am SOOO waiting for the Dead after Dark book club. I think I just hurt myself.

Betsy

1 - 20 of 76 Posts