Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother ("cush" on this board) has always delighted in teasing,me,his little Sis. Well today I forgot that fact and PM'd him asking how he got the birthday party hat on his turtle avatar. This is his reply:

First, make a little hat out of construction paper or felt.  Attach a little
chin strap made from a small rubber band.
Get a 3"x5" card and cut a 1" hole in it, centered and about 1/2" above the
lower edge.
Place the turtle on a level surface (a table top is perfect) and put the card
with the hole in it about 6" in front of the turtle.
Using a small piece of lettuce, induce the turtle to put his head through the
hole in the card.
Pop the hat on his head when he sticks it through the hole in the card (don't
forget to secure the chin strap!).
Carefully cut from the edge of the card to the hole, thus freeing your
party-hatted turtle from the card.

He did,actually, end his PM by telling me he'd done it in Photoshop elements. I do love my bro to pieces. He brightened my day considerably!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Harvey said:
I hate to encourage your brother, but I think those instructions would actually work.
Harvey, you're scaring me.

Betsy

·
Registered
186 Posts
Harvey said:
I hate to encourage your brother, but I think those instructions would actually work.
Thank you Harvey.
I am experimenting with a new prototype that features a U-shaped opening in the lower margin of the card instead of a hole.
This will remove the requirement for carefully cutting from the hole to the edge to free your turtle.
You will simply lift the card from the table and voila! your hatted turtle is safely freed to party!

Love you, SusanB, best of sisters.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
^ I like that design. It eliminates the scissors. I was quite concerned about those pointy scissors having to be operated so close to the little head of the turtle.

If only this had been designed years ago. Imagine how many people would now have party-hatted turtles as their avatars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts