Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys!  :D

I'm hoping some of you guys can help me, because I'm discovering that I'm clueless in this regard.  How the heck do I add a "buy my book here--yay!" kind of image link to my blog?

I see them on other authors' blogs, but I for some reason can't figure it out in Blogger. 

Help? 

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
982 Posts
RebeccaKnight said:
Hi, guys! :D

I'm hoping some of you guys can help me, because I'm discovering that I'm clueless in this regard. How the heck do I add a "buy my book here--yay!" kind of image link to my blog?

I see them on other authors' blogs, but I for some reason can't figure it out in Blogger.

Help?

Thanks in advance!
I apologise if I come off as a smartass, but have you clicked the picture that you insert and then clicked the link button at the top, where all the editing tools for blog entries and pages are?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No smartass vibe at all--that's just good troubleshooting!  ;)

I meant inserting it as a design feature in my sidebar, versus in a blog post.  Is that what you meant?  I have no clue which widget to install, etc, once I'm in the "design" dashboard for Blogger.

Everyone from now on:  Please treat me like I'm your grandpa asking you to get the flashing 12:00 off my VCR.  Slow and simple is a-ok!  :D

·
Registered
982 Posts
RebeccaKnight said:
No smartass vibe at all--that's just good troubleshooting! ;)

I meant inserting it as a design feature in my sidebar, versus in a blog post. Is that what you meant? I have no clue which widget to install, etc, once I'm in the "design" dashboard for Blogger.

Everyone from now on: Please treat me like I'm your grandpa asking you to get the flashing 12:00 off my VCR. Slow and simple is a-ok! :D
Oh, you want to do it in a sidebar. That's easy.

Add the gadget "picture".

Put in the url for the picture where it says to and then enter the url for the amazon page in the "Link" area.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yaaay!  It's totally working!  :D

You rock, Ryne.  I really appreciate it.  I was totally somewhere else and getting more confused as I went... LOL

Also, I'm glad my suffering amuses you, Cidney  ;).

·
Registered
982 Posts
RebeccaKnight said:
Yaaay! It's totally working! :D

You rock, Ryne. I really appreciate it. I was totally somewhere else and getting more confused as I went... LOL

Also, I'm glad my suffering amuses you, Cidney ;).
I actually had no idea how to do it when I opened the thread. I figured it out between your second post and my second post, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.