Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I wanted to give away my ebooks on my blog, do I just send the mobi and/or epub file?  If so, do I lock it somehow?  And if I advertised the giveaway as mobi/epub copies can I assume ( i know. . .*ss -u-me) that someone would know what to do with it when they receive it? )Read, I have no clue how to put it on an ereader.)  Thanks!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Also, there's no way to "lock" the book file (i.e. use DRM, digital rights management) to prevent people from simply copying the file and giving it to someone else. But most authors & publishers heredon't worry about this.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Another way is to email the file to the kindle device. Once you know the kindle email address, just compose an email, add "convert." - without double quotes - to the subject and add the book as an attachment. To do this for free, just change the kindle email address to [kindlename]@free.kindle.com. Amazon will convert the attached .mobi file to the Kindle format (.amz) and deliver it free to the said ereader. For more on this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200375630
John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts