Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys recommend some books for the 13 year old girl?  My sister recently started reading a lot, but all I see her reading is this teenage books made of the TV shows, and it kind of pisses me off that she is reading this poor of material.  What can I get for her, and that might be interesting for a girl her age?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I think it would depend on what she likes but might I suggest (if she hasn't already read them) the Harry Potter series, the Aragon series (written by a young man who wrote the outline when he was about 16).  There is also the Cronicles of Narnia and The Golden Compass.  I have also seen an increased interest in the Nancy Drew books.  Maybe if she read some of these in between the TV show books it might make both of you happier.  There are alot of books out there and you & you sister might want to speak to a clerk in a bookstore or a librarian about what they would suggest.  Just the fact that she has shown an interest in reading is a good thing.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I have a 12 yr old girl.  She loves to read.  Some things she's really enjoyed - Fablehaven series, Inkheart series, Twilight series, Artemis Fowl series, Ella Enchanted, Princess Academy...

I could go on all day.  Let me know if you need anymore suggestions.  Just keep introducing her to stuff until she finds something that's to her taste and then she'll be off on her own!

·
Registered
530 Posts
The Tamora Price books are also quite good for that age group (and others). Starting with Alana the First Adventure which is not out for the Kindle yet. She does have some of her books in Kindle format and I click the others all the time.

·
Registered
599 Posts
When I was that age (ahem... ok, still) I especially loved the Princess Diaries series, the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, Harry Potter and The Hobbit.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I recommend the Sloppy Firsts series by Megan McCafferty.

If she likes those, and you don't mind her reading "adult fiction", I would also recommend Marion Keyes' novels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts