Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would you pick and why?  I'm not likely to do a custom skin at this moment, so that's not criterial

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Decal girl had a skin I liked. . .so I got it.  Have no interest in playing with screensavers so that wasn't an issue, just liked the design. . . . .no experience with Tego. . . . .

And, I see, sixxmum, that this is your first post.  Welcome!  If you feel so inclined, wander down to the Intros and Welcomes Forum and tell us a little about yourself. . . . .

Ann

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
My sister is here near the computer , and she says that she would personally go with the DecalGirl.  :-\

·
Registered
790 Posts
I picked the decalgirl ones because I like the screensavers with them.  I sure have seen some tegos that look tempting, though.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If a custom skin is not one of your requirements, Decal Girl ships faster to US addressses.

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
If a custom skin is not one of your requirements, Decal Girl ships faster to US addressses.
Agreed - I wanted a specific picture so I ordered a Tego on 1/21; I just got an e-mail today that it was finally shipped, but Tego must be located in Canada because it said ground mail within Canada would take up to 10 business days and outside Canada 15 days so I guess it will be another 2-3 weeks before it gets here. If there is a Decalgirl that appeals to you, it could be as little as a week even with ground mail. As far as "protection" or ease of application, I don't think there is much difference - they both your Kindle from getting dirty and add personalization.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
DecalGirl was the only one I knew of when I got mine and at that time they only had 48 skins to choose from for the Kindle. I would consider doing a custom skin now that I know about Tego.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Tego has several ready made designs to choose from as well as the ability to custom make your own. I have both DecalGirl and Tego skins and feel they are equally nice.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a DecalGirl skin, and I love the custom screensaver that came with it, so I'd definitely buy from them again. 

I looked at Tego several times, but didn't feel like going through all the effort in making sure the image was high resolution, aligned properly, and looked nice, and then having to make my own screensaver if I wanted the full effect.  Plus, I didn't really have any images I wanted to use (that weren't copyrighted), and they had lots of nice designs on DecalGirl.  They even added 4 new ones I requested - very helpful!

·
Registered
921 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I will most likely stick with DecalGirl. I've used them for many of my electronic devices over the past 2 years and their quality and customer service has been wonderful. They've added every single design I've requested.
I agree. I emailed decalgirl on Sunday (yesterday) and requested 2 skins. I got an email back immediately stating they would be sure to include the 2 designs I requested in the first designs for the Kindle 2. I couldn't believe I got such a quick response back especially on a Sunday. They stated they were big fans of the Kindle and was hoping to have their Kindle 2 soon so they could get to work on the K2 skin designs. I thought that was just great. and since I'm quoting Luvmy4brats, 1 of the designs I requested was the velvet jewel you had posted from one of your other electronics (thanks for the idea) and the other one I requested was the match head. I saw the match head on one of their other skins. I like the colors (kind of like a rainbow laser effect on a black background).

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
The Velvet Jewel is pretty..

Lets see I've ordered the following skins since 9/5/07:

Fantasy Pink (ipod video 5th gen)
Flashback (ipod video, laptop, RAZR)
Velvet Jewel (ipod touch 2nd Gen)
Her Abstraction (kindle, ipod nano 3rd gen, RAZR, ipod touch 2nd gen)
Apocalypse Blue (RAZR)
Apocalypse Violet (ipod nano 4th gen)
Apocalypse Red (Nintendo DS lite)
Dolphins (Nintendo DS Lite)
Flores Agua (Acer Aspire Netbook)
Crest (Kindle)
Night Lady (Kindle)
Flower Burst Blue (Kindle)
Flower Burst (Kindle)
Energy Blossom (Kindle)
Thirsty (ipod touch 1st Gen)
Genie (Kindle)
Path to the Stars (laptop)
Whimsical (Kindle)
American Eagle (ipod video 5th gen)
Azure (ipod video 5th gen)
Arabian Night (ipod nano 3rd gen)

Of these, I never used Thirsty, Fantasy Pink, Whimsical, or Genie (I think I still have the first two floating around, but don't have the devices for them anymore, included the 2nd 2 when I sold Edgar)

I didn't care for Crest or Genie

My favorites have been Flashback, Her Abstraction, and Night Lady

These are not all mine. My 4 kids, husband, and mom all have a few of these.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts