Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so addicted to making Tego skins, there are so many beautiful patterns and designs, when you make them yourself. Its endless....
I don't even have my Kindle yet, and I must have made 6 skins so far.
I have not received any of them yet, as it takes a long time for custom made.

Has anyone tried these skins, and if so how is there quality? Lets say, compared to Decal Girl?
I would love to know, before I make anymore!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have two DecalGirl skins, and they are beautiful, colors are clear, lines are precise, can't imagine anything better.  I am going to order a Tego skin just to compare and to have a custom made skin.  I also ordered two of the brand new DecalGirl skin designs, and are awaiting their arrival.  I need a Tego or two to balance everything out  LOLOL 

·
Registered
869 Posts
Ricky -

Looking forward to your report on the results of this "experiment"!  LOL

Really, do post what your experiences are with each and how they differ (if they do).

Marci

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ricky said:
I have two DecalGirl skins, and they are beautiful, colors are clear, lines are precise, can't imagine anything better. I am going to order a Tego skin just to compare and to have a custom made skin. I also ordered two of the brand new DecalGirl skin designs, and are awaiting their arrival. I need a Tego or two to balance everything out LOLOL
Yes Ricky, inquiring minds will be waiting...

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you scroll down, there is a post and pics of a Tego skin. I believe it is under "design your own skin". I have two ordered and according to the email I received this week, mine are done and waiting "packaging"? Hoping to receive them soon. I will post when I get mine as well.

ETA: This is the link I was referencing:

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,1545.0.html

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
How does it fit on over the next page/previous page buttons?  The pic I looked at made it look it was one piece?

Betsy

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I got mine today too here is a picture...

I like it even though the color is a little off. Also you can see they enlarged the type on some
of the button labels. I actually think they could remove the type all together.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great news, Sailorman and Octochick :)  I got an email today saying mine were shipped today!  Can't wait to get them and post. 

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
FYI: I think they are in Canada, it took over a week for mine to come...so just be patient.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Octochick said:
I got mine today too here is a picture...

I like it even though the color is a little off. Also you can see they enlarged the type on some
of the button labels. I actually think they could remove the type all together.
Very Very pretty!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Very nice Sailorman!  Green with envy here--having to wait!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
sailorman said:
Here are a few pictures I took this morning in the office of the tego design I made. I'm really happy with it.

The first picture is of my leather/canvas Strangedog cover. I also have the Oberon Tree Of Life cover, but IDK, I'm kinda digging this one right now. So simple and 'understated'? Anyway, I like it.
Very nice! I have the same StrangeDog cover, but am waiting for my Kindle. Thanks for giving me an idea what a Kindle would like if it where in there. I like the cover very well.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I got a mytego cover yesterday, and I like it a lot.  What I love is that apparently nobody has really talked to them about the Kindle yet, so the back piece covers the entire back, not just the plastic parts.  I got a design that doesn't actually show on the front, but it's perfect on the back.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to do another one, especially given their apparently casual approach to US copyright laws.  (I realize I shouldn't say that, but not that I'm not showing the skin here, either.  I figure it's the least I can do.)

I think the mytego skin was slightly more expensive than the decal girl skin, and naturally they don't offer the screen saver to go with it.  I like the large print on the buttons.  Not that I don't know where Previous Page and Next Page are, but b/c all buttons look alike when you're showing it to someone.  Also, there was nothing to cover the "Back" button, which I found unusual, but just barely noteworthy. 

My opinion was also that the mytego skin was easier to apply than the Decal Girl skin, but it could have been b/c this is now my second skin, so to speak.  Also, since the back cover takes up the entire back cover, I thought it was easier to just line up the buttons and the speaker hole with the slots, and the rest sort of fell into place.  I also liked that there were fewer small pieces.

Overall, I was pleased with the product.  But I still also like decal girl.  I also discovered there's not really a way to remove an old skin for use at a later time.  Ah well.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm glad to hear that you guys like your tego skins! I ordered a Decal Girl skin a few weeks ago and was disappointed by the graphic quality. It wasn't as crisp and saturated as I'd expected. I'm going to return it, and have since ordered a Tego skin. I'd looked at Tego before, but I didn't realize what an extensive library of designs that they had to choose from! I thought you had to upload your own design, which I wasn't interested in doing at that time. Really, they have GORGOUS designs... it was hard to choose! Here's what I got:
I can't wait for it to arrive!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
I got a mytego cover yesterday, and I like it a lot. What I love is that apparently nobody has really talked to them about the Kindle yet, so the back piece covers the entire back, not just the plastic parts. I got a design that doesn't actually show on the front, but it's perfect on the back. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do another one, especially given their apparently casual approach to US copyright laws. (I realize I shouldn't say that, but not that I'm not showing the skin here, either. I figure it's the least I can do.)

I think the mytego skin was slightly more expensive than the decal girl skin, and naturally they don't offer the screen saver to go with it. I like the large print on the buttons. Not that I don't know where Previous Page and Next Page are, but b/c all buttons look alike when you're showing it to someone. Also, there was nothing to cover the "Back" button, which I found unusual, but just barely noteworthy.

My opinion was also that the mytego skin was easier to apply than the Decal Girl skin, but it could have been b/c this is now my second skin, so to speak. Also, since the back cover takes up the entire back cover, I thought it was easier to just line up the buttons and the speaker hole with the slots, and the rest sort of fell into place. I also liked that there were fewer small pieces.

Overall, I was pleased with the product. But I still also like decal girl. I also discovered there's not really a way to remove an old skin for use at a later time. Ah well.
They were suppose to fix the back so it does have a cut out for the battery, mine did. You may need to cut yours. you might need to get to the reset button behind the battery.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Panjo said:
I'm glad to hear that you guys like your tego skins! I ordered a Decal Girl skin a few weeks ago and was disappointed by the graphic quality. It wasn't as crisp and saturated as I'd expected. I'm going to return it, and have since ordered a Tego skin. I'd looked at Tego before, but I didn't realize what an extensive library of designs that they had to choose from! I thought you had to upload your own design, which I wasn't interested in doing at that time. Really, they have GORGOUS designs... it was hard to choose! Here's what I got:
I can't wait for it to arrive!
So pretty and colorful!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sailorman said:
Here are a few pictures I took this morning in the office of the tego design I made. I'm really happy with it.

The first picture is of my leather/canvas Strangedog cover. I also have the Oberon Tree Of Life cover, but IDK, I'm kinda digging this one right now. So simple and 'understated'? Anyway, I like it.

Close up of the skin... sorry for the stupid glare. Flourescents. Yuk.

The open cover with the skin...
Great boat design , very nice with that cover!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't have my Kindle yet, but I might have to order one of these. I played around on the site and made a skin with a flower print. Beautiful!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I think the thing I really like about them, is knowing no one else has yours!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts