Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a cover from them on 3/7. Waited a week and no emails other than order confirmation. Emailed them for status 3 or 4 times, no response. Now its 3/26 and nothing still. Filed a chargeback last week with paypal and they won't respond to them either.

I just thought I'd let you folks know.

G

·
Yours is not the first complaint against this company I've seen. It appears they either have no idea what they are doing or they are scammers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Stylz is a reputable company. They know what they are doing and they are definitely not scammers. What they are is European, and European ideas about customer service are different from ours. (I know this because I have lived abroad.) More patience than usual is required. In any event, you are protected by Paypal.

G

·
Well I've heard many complaints about them, most like the OP's. I don't care what European ideals are, taking someone's money and then ignoring them for weeks on end is not acceptable.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I purchased an Avantegarde cover from Stylz. Yes they were a little slow. Took two or three weeks before I got a shipping notice, another two weeks before I received the cover. However, I love the cover. I have a Strangedog canvas and deerskin cover, and Oberon Sky Dragon cover and The Stylz. It is by far the most elegant and professional looking of them. I can take it anywhere and feel that it is OK. The Strangedog looks great for casual use and the Oberon is an example of craftsmanship and art, the Stylz just looks sleek, stylish and professional. Yes, they were a little slow. No, they didn't communicate as well as some companies. Would I recommend their covers? In a heartbeat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too had a decent experience with Stylz.  Yes, they took awhile to ship but once I received the case I was supremely happy with it.  I also gave them some allowance in time recognizing that they are overseas in Europe.

Odd that they did not respond -- they were very prompt to respond to my inquiries on when the case would ship. 

·
Registered
168 Posts
Same here... they're slow to respond (don't forget time differences!) but the case I got for my K1 (other than the holding mechanism) is I, I think, still the highest quality case I've purchased compared to Amazon K1 cover, M-Edge first gen, M-Edge K2 Prodigy, and Oberon K1 w/ Corners.
I just preferred a cover like the m-edge and oberon vs the tri-fold Stylz design.  My wife uses the Stylz now with her K1 and loves it.  I'm using the M-Edge Prodigy with my K2 and am happy with it.  My K1 Oberon is sitting on my desk waiting for me to decide what to do with it.

I keep an eye on Stylz.  If they come out with a K2 hinge-based cover that isn't a tri-fold I'll be interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts