Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning it finally happened. I have coddled my (no name) Kindle since birth (2 months old). I dropped it from 2 feet up. Sheer terror ensued. I slowed my breathing. I held my breath. I knew that I had dropped it only 2 feet and onto a nice thick rug, the odds were in my favor. But still, what if ...

Nanoseconds flashed by as if they were hours. The world stopped. They even stopped fighting in the Middle East just to see what happened to my Kindle. I trembled as I picked it up. It had been asleep when it was dropped, maybe that would help. I hit "alt / font" and my book suddenly appeared, unchanged and unharmed. Relief engulfed my body. It was still a happy new year.

Steve

·
Registered
195 Posts
Whew! Glad your Kindle survived.

And now we know how to bring peace (or at least a cease-fire) to the Middle East :)

I

·
0 Posts
While I do not recommend tossing kindles out of 5 story buildings, they are much more durable than we think.

Remember the story of the one that fell off 'someone's' car?  It survived.  I'll still treat mine like an unexploded bomb though. 

·
Registered
249 Posts
Khabita said:
Whew! Glad your Kindle survived.

And now we know how to bring peace (or at least a cease-fire) to the Middle East :)
OK everybody. 1....2.....3 DROP YOUR KINDLE!!!

At last - Peace

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
OMG Steve...I did the same thing this morning. I had Jinx on the armrest of the couch and as I was nudging the couch back into place and straightening the cushions....wait for it...Jinx crashed onto my wood floor. I said a few choice words in my head and went to see if he was alright. Thankfully he was in his cover and the cover secured...no damage.

So...for the dude, I forget who, who wanted to know how the Kindle would make out falling in an Oberon cover...no damage whatsoever. The corners of the cover are what protected Jinx's sensitive corners :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
What I'd like to know is, When is stevene9's next book coming out?  You had me on the edge of my seat!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Glad your Kindle is safe, Steve. You just lived through my worst nightmare. Last night my Kindle was laying on the foot of my bed. I walked in the room as my husband was getting into bed and just about had a heart attack as I could just picture the Kindle accidentally being kicked to the floor. Nothing happened, but still.

·
Registered
326 Posts
It happened to me yesterday. i was reading in bed and i bent over to get the remote off the end table and fell out of bed! i was lucky though cause the Kindle first hit the plastic trash can and then the wood floor but it landed with the cover open and standing straight up. Your right about time standing still. Its amazing how many thoughts can go thru your mind in just a few seconds. I picked it up but instead of it being on the page i was reading it was on the home page somewhere around page 30. i thought it was messed up but i clicked on the book and it came right back to the page i was reading. i was so relieved. When i was falling i must have hit the home button and then another one to go to that author letter page before i dropped it. From now on i am setting it down before i do anything.  :-[

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Lizzy said:
It happened to me yesterday. i was reading in bed and i bent over to get the remote off the end table and fell out of bed! i was lucky though cause the Kindle first hit the plastic trash can and then the wood floor but it landed with the cover open and standing straight up. Your right about time standing still. Its amazing how many thoughts can go thru your mind in just a few seconds. I picked it up but instead of it being on the page i was reading it was on the home page somewhere around page 30. i thought it was messed up but i clicked on the book and it came right back to the page i was reading. i was so relieved. When i was falling i must have hit the home button and then another one to go to that author letter page before i dropped it. From now on i am setting it down before i do anything. :-[
All I was thinking when you said you fell out of bed...........no, please do say that you landed on it. Thank goodness both you and your Kindle were fine :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
chynared21 said:
All I was thinking when you said you fell out of bed...........no, please do say that you landed on it. Thank goodness both you and your Kindle were fine :)
Thanks! I forgot to say that i was okay. Just goes to show you what i value most! :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Glad it's okay, Steve. I've been lucky not to have that particular mishap yet. The worst so far has been getting home and finding an 17 pound cat using my Sawyer for a pillow! ;D

Nemo

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
So glad Lizzy and Steve that everything came out ok and no one or no kindle was injured. 

Let's be a little more careful out there folks!

(hope not famous last words  :'( )

·
Registered
249 Posts
Anju said:
So glad Lizzy and Steve that everything came out ok and no one or no kindle was injured.

Let's be a little more careful out there folks!

(hope not famous last words :'( )
Who cares about anyone not being injured as long as Kindle is OK. 8)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts