Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying the link maker again using Pidgeon's great tutorial for IE. First I was unable to keep all 3 screens/tabs open at the same time. Does anyone, anyone Betsy/Pidgeon have a way of checking what I did to see why cove didn't show up? I  know I got the ASIN # and thought I got the image. I do not see the tabs at the top that are mentioned in tutorial. If this is supposed to be quick I am doing something wrong.  ???

Thanks

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I use Firefox, and I just figured out what I was doing wrong. 

What seems strange to me is that I open the reply box, click on linkmaker, click on Amazon, and then I have to go back to the reply box and click on linkmaker again to reopen it.  If I don't click on linkmaker the first time, Amazon doesn't open in a separate window. 

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gertie, I installed Firefox specifically for using the link maker. It is an icon on my desk top but doesn't show across the top of my screen, everything up there is AOL. How do I get to Fire Fox, I guess you can tell I have BASIC computer skills. I have been attempting this link maker for 3 weeks now, not eveyday and am so darn frustrated with it.  :mad: I am having to do exactly the same thing you are with IE also. I woke up with a sinus HA this morning & that isn't helping but today is the day I want to FINALLY do this.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I am trying this again and what I cannot accomplish is to have a post reply box open at the same time the linkmaker is open.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dori, this time... 3rd try this morning I lost internet connection attempting to minimize 3 screens so I am done for now. I am going to get back to A Redbird Christmas to get me out of my grouchy, agitated, irritated, frustrated mood.   :mad: I would pay someone to come and show me how in the heck to accomplish this!!

Happy Kindling  ;)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
A great choice.  I have frozen my computer 3 times.  One thing wrong with the Redbird Christmas thing,  it ends too soon.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Thanks Gertie, I installed Firefox specifically for using the link maker. It is an icon on my desk top but doesn't show across the top of my screen, everything up there is AOL. How do I get to Fire Fox, I guess you can tell I have BASIC computer skills. I have been attempting this link maker for 3 weeks now, not eveyday and am so darn frustrated with it. :mad: I am having to do exactly the same thing you are with IE also. I woke up with a sinus HA this morning & that isn't helping but today is the day I want to FINALLY do this.
I'm no expert, but you might try checking properties. Right click on your Firefox icon, go to properties and click on the shortcut tab. Check to see if you have the following settings.

Target: "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

Start in: "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox"

That might take you directly to Firefox instead of to your browser's home page. Then I just bookmarked AT&T Home, or in your case AOL. When I was the computer guru at work, I found that AOL caused more connection problems than any other browser.

Dori, once I click on linkmaker for the second time, I have three tabs on top ... post reply, Amazon, linkmaker, and all three stay open until I close them. I don't know if this is how it's supposed to work, but it works for me.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Tks Gertie.  Giving up for today.  Going to continue reading The Beetle, even though is scares me. 

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Linda, I looked at your post, and it looks like the code you copy/pasted is the default code.

This could happen if you are not clicking the 'Create KindleBoards links' button. You do that after you have copy/pasted the ASIN and the image URL into their respective fields on the Link-Maker page.

Try that!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Harvey I know I did not click 'Create Kindle Board Link' until after I copy and pasted ASIN # and image text this time but never saw the cover when I hit preview.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
You have to click the Create KindleBoards button link prior to copying the resulting link. It doesn't look like you clicked it at all. Once you do that, a sample should appear at the bottom of the page.

Whether you use separate windows in your browser or tabs is completely irrelevant. It's just two ways to do essentially the same thing, which is to have more than one web page open at a time.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Testing,  Audacity for Hope

I get how to do the AISN.
I get how to get the link to the image.

I do not know what to put in the#2 space,  Link Text

I do not know whick to SELECT  Link   or Image

I have no idea how to get all of this in my post which has disappeared.

I do see the image on my linkmaker this time for the first time.

I think I just need the order of the steps.  I watch the tutorial over and over,  I can barely see it and I cannot hear it with full volumn and hearing aids on full volumn.  Sorry to be such a pest.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Dori said:
Testing, Audacity for Hope

I get how to do the AISN.
I get how to get the link to the image.

I do not know what to put in the#2 space, Link Text

I do not know whick to SELECT Link or Image

I have no idea how to get all of this in my post which has disappeared.

I do see the image on my linkmaker this time for the first time.

I think I just need the order of the steps. I watch the tutorial over and over, I can barely see it and I cannot hear it with full volumn and hearing aids on full volumn. Sorry to be such a pest.
You don't have to put anything in the Link Text box to make a picture, which is why I don't talk about it in the tutorial.

Your post is disappearing because you are clicking on the link maker without right-clicking and choosing a new tab or a new browser window.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
^ Dori, that was perfect! Except for one small thing: the ASIN had a blank space at the end when you copy/pasted it. If you select it and make sure you don't pick up a blank space at the end of it, you'll be in business.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
You still have the extra space in the ASIN number. After you paste it, take your mouse all the way to the end of the box and make sure you have no spaces.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts