Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harvey,
Is it possible for us to receive text messages when we have a Personal Message? I wouldn't necessarily want to receive message or notification on postings, but it would be very helpful if I got a text message on my phone with either the PM attached, or at least letting me know that I have one.

I posted this here rather than sending you a PM wondering if others were interested in this, tool

Thanks, Angela

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
It is not an innate ability of the software. Would be cool - - I'll add it to my 'research-this' list.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Harvey. I have my facebook account set up to text me when someone sends me messages or comments on my status or photos. That way I don't have to constantly be logged in and can decide if it is something I need to take care of immediately.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Harvey said:
A lot of people join Facebook when their *daughters* turn 16.
I joined facebook at the request of my 16 year old neice. It was the only way we could communicate because her mother didn't want her to have contact with us after she and my brother divorced.

BJ - sometimes, you are not funny...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Everyone I know has a Facebook account - it is not just for the YA's anymore.

It is great way to keep in touch with friends & family who are in far off lands as well as share photos with your friends across the street.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I too am on Facebook. I enjoy being able to keep in touch with my grandkids, daughters, and friends. There is no age requirement for Facebook.  :)
Linda

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sandypeach said:
Sounds like we need to start a Facebook group for the Kindleboards.
There is already a Facebook group for the Kindle, but they aren't very active.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts