Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so impressed with the warm and helpful atmosphere of the messages here.  I've been hanging out reading the boards for over a month now and with guidance from many posts here, I've ordered my M-Edge (marble red w/ light) for myself and an Oberon (Celtic Knot) for my father-in-law (along with an Oberon Hummingbird journal for myself).  I am thoroughly enjoying my Kindle - ordering WAY too many books, blogs, and lots of free trial subscriptions - the Irish Times - who would have thought? - and worrying about how I can make myself read the pile of DTB's(learned that one here too  :D)  remaining on my nightstand.  Well, lots of snowy nights to spend here in Chicago with my Kindle in front of the fireplace curled up with my two pups.  Thank to all for the entertaining and informative posts.  Connie

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Glad you enjoy it.  Everyone here tries to be helpful and they respect people.  The pile of DTBs preKindle are a problem.  I finally gave up and donated them to charity and bought the ones I knew I wanted on Kindle.  Enjoy your fire and your reading and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome, Connie -

So glad you decided to unlurk & declare your presence here on the KB.

You and your father-in-law both own Kindles?  I'm glad you are using yours for those long cold Chicago nights  ;)

What kind of pups do you have?

Cheers,

Marci

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thrilled to be here and will definitely check out the book clubs. Thank you for the suggestion. Here are my dogs. Sorry for the size, but I couldn't figure out how to make the photo smaller. Both are mixes. The white one - Daisy - seems to be part white german shephard and bull terrier and the brown one - Vincent (our own personal Marley) - part Rhodesian Ridgeback, lab, and who knows what else!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts