Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 361 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen a thread on this and I'm gutted to even have to write this, but Harvey's wife posted on her blog that Harvey has entered hospice. He has stage 4 cancer. You can see the post here: http://www.carriesgonnawrite.blogspot.com/2015/08/just-quick-note-to-let-you-know-that.html

Harvey is a good soul, a very kind man, and I just wanted to take a moment to thank him. I met him through Red Adept Publishing and he has been a supportive friend ever since. He guided me to KBoards, and by doing so, helped me find my tribe. After reading all the threads here about indie publishing, I felt energized about my writing career in a way I had never felt before. I'm indebted to Harvey.

Harvey, the founder of KindleBoards which became KBoards died September 25, 2015. Read his obituary here:
http://molesfarewelltributes.com/tribute/details/1229/Harvey_Chute/obituary.html#tribute-start

·
Registered
568 Posts
Kboards is where I've met some of my best friends, and is directly responsible for turning my writing hobby into a career. He's a good man, and I will always be in his debt for giving us kboards. From the bottom of my heart, thank you, Harvey. My life has been forever changed for the better because of you.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
So very sorry to hear this!  Harvey, positive thoughts and wishes coming your way. Best to you and your wife.

·
0 Posts
Harvey, I've complained about the board now and then.  Yet, here I am.  This place is an invaluable resource for authors, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I'm very sorry about your condition, and I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I'm really saddened to hear this. Thank you, Harvey, for creating and continuing Kboards. As a writer, I really appreciate this community. I've made some great friends here as well as found people who have helped me along the way, going from barely any sales to becoming a full time writer. This is one of my favorite writing communities, and I can't thank you enough. My prayers go out to you and your family. God bless you all.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Harvey is so rare in this internet age - calm, reasoned, fair, never seeming to give into hyperbole. You've created something wonderful here for so many.

I can only say, "Thank you." Sincerely.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Thanks to Harvey for creating such a wonderful place for all us writers and being here for us until the end.  And hugs and support to his wife.  Having been through hospice with a loved one in recent years, it's a terrible thing to go through but they do an amazing job of making it as peaceful and comfortable as they can.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I can only add my sincerest thanks to you as well. Thank you, Harvey! My thoughts are with you and your family and I'm saddened by the news.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I just want to add my thanks, Harvey. This site has played a large role in changing my life by providing a place for so many of us to come and share ideas. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Harvey hasn't quite kept it a secret, but he's been clear that he didn't want his life since his diagnosis to be about the cancer, so he's not spoken of it much.

His eldest daughter is getting married September 12th, so I know Harvey and his family would appreciate all the prayers and positive energy you can send that he'll feel well and strong enough to walk with her down the aisle.

I know your thoughts will mean a lot to them.

Betsy

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Randall Wood said:
No words. Would not be where I am today without Harvey and Kboards.

Pulling for you my friend, I can't thank you enough.
Exactly this. I know that I would not be where I am if it weren't for all the wonderful advice and encouragement provided by Kboards and its members.

Sending thoughts of love and strength to you, Harvey, so you can be there for your daughter and all your family.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I'm sending whatever good vibes I can your way, Harvey. I add my thanks to you for creating this place. KBoards was not only instrumental in launching my career as a writer; it's also the place where I met many dear friends.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
You can do it, Harvey! (making the wedding) Your time, friendship, and kindness has changed so many lives. Kboards is a fount of knowledge for readers and authors alike, and you were instrumental in fostering the growth of ebook adoption and creation, just by heading this wonderful community here. You are an amazing person and I completely understand living your life on your terms. I hope your daughter has a wonderful wedding and that you and your family are cloaked in love and peace at this time.

Hugs and kisses and please know we all thank you so very deeply from the bottom of our hearts. The world will be less without Harvey.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Wow. I am so sorry to hear this. KBoards is a very special place that he created. I never met him, but none the less he helped make me a success through these boards. I am so sorry that he and his family have to go through this. :(

1 - 20 of 361 Posts