Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my very first kindle today around 2:30.  After just 3.5 hours of use I can honestly say that it's the very best thing I've ever owned.  I LOVE IT!!!!  So anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for coming up with this wonderful little thing.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Laney said:
I received my very first kindle today around 2:30. After just 3.5 hours of use I can honestly say that it's the very best thing I've ever owned. I LOVE IT!!!! So anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for coming up with this wonderful little thing.
Welcome Laney!!

I'm expecting my first Kindle tomorrow. I don't think I'll be able to return here after just 3.5 hours of use my new K2.

Let's give credit where credit is due. There are some brilliant engineers somewhere.

Mr B and his marketing department deserve credit for the price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree.  There is someone else behind the kindle but I didn't know who else to thank.

Just for the record I only returned here to post this and than left again.  It was very hard to sit in my political meeting last night with the kindle right next to me in my purse. 

Can we talk about the text to speech?  Wonderful feature.  This morning I set my babies (2,1) down on the couch and they listened to Peter Rabbit while I got the older 2 dressed.  Fantastic!  I didn't start the babies day off with TV!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Laney - great idea on Kindle for the babies! I also have a 1yo and 2yo. I am getting my Kindle tomorrow so I will try out your trick.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Laney said:
Can we talk about the text to speech? Wonderful feature. This morning I set my babies (2,1) down on the couch and they listened to Peter Rabbit while I got the older 2 dressed. Fantastic! I didn't start the babies day off with TV!
Laney, great idea. I wish I would have had my K2 when my kids were still babies although they would probably still like to be read to now - 5 and 7.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Laney said:
I agree. There is someone else behind the kindle but I didn't know who else to thank.

Just for the record I only returned here to post this and than left again. It was very hard to sit in my political meeting last night with the kindle right next to me in my purse.

Can we talk about the text to speech? Wonderful feature. This morning I set my babies (2,1) down on the couch and they listened to Peter Rabbit while I got the older 2 dressed. Fantastic! I didn't start the babies day off with TV!
Wow... great idea! I may have to look for some Thomas Books!

And, not kindle related, but have you ever tried them with a storybook reader? My son could use one at two and absolutely loved it. They turn the pages and the reader reads the story to them. It was a life saver when I had strep throat and couldn't talk, and it is still one of his favorite toys at 3+.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Laney said:
I agree. There is someone else behind the kindle but I didn't know who else to thank.

Just for the record I only returned here to post this and than left again. It was very hard to sit in my political meeting last night with the kindle right next to me in my purse.

What a great idea! I am sure that with 4 to get ready in the morning, every bit helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vorpaks said:
And, not kindle related, but have you ever tried them with a storybook reader? My son could use one at two and absolutely loved it. They turn the pages and the reader reads the story to them. It was a life saver when I had strep throat and couldn't talk, and it is still one of his favorite toys at 3+.
We do have a storybook reader. I think they're just tired of the books I have for it. With the kindle I can go in and get them a new book to listen to every day. I think this will help keep their interest. I read to my kids constantly. They love to hear stories. My 10 yr. old loves to read for herself. She's really into the Inkheart series right now. There are several other series she likes as well. I don't think there is any better gift I could give to my children than a book.

I really thought I would love the kindle but I thought I would love it for myself. Not only do I love it for myself but it has turned out to be something wonderful for my children and helpful to me as well.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Good news Laney

Thanks davem2bits for letting us know who developed the kindle  8)  Hope they come to kindleboards to get the thanks they deserve  ;)  No complaining about folders guys - let's make sure they get their gold stars first  8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts