Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a Kindle lover since April and have read over 114 books on it since. I'm currently working my way through 29 books yet read. I also have a Sony PRS-505 but the Kindle is my favorite. I only buy Sony books when I cannot find the title on Kindle. (Even with Kindles large selection I did find a couple not yet available). I'm retired so I have a lot of time to read. I don't find much worthwhile on TV so I read.

My namesake 'greyparrot' is a 35 year old African Grey named Mindy. (don't know if it is female or not)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, Greyparrot! So glad to have you here.

We have at least one other parrot owner among our members. Maybe two. I've learned more about parrots in the past two months than I knew in my entire life. They are such fascinating birds!

L

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Grayparrot,

welcome to the Kindleboards!  Thanks for letting us know about Jeff Bezos on CSpan2 Booknotes (repeated tonight at 11PM).  I watched it and learned some things!

Glad to hear you're enjoying your Kindle, you old timer!  (Kindle old timer).  Be sure to post some pics of Mindy in our pet photo section!

Betsy

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi, greyparrot, and welcome.  I am awaiting my Kindle, should be here next week.  I also have a grey, Sadie, who is 16.  I can't imagine life without him - he is a "him".  As a matter of fact, I was given "Alex and Me" for Christmas and started reading it last night.  Actually, I was trying to read it through the tears!  That is a must-read if you haven't already.  Not that I want you to cry or anything................

Kathy

·
Registered
325 Posts
Welcome to the site :D

My aunt had an African grey a while back. They really are interesting creatures.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi grayparrot and a warm welcome to you!

I am presently fostering a parrotlet and boy do these suckers grow on you.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hello, GrayParrot -

Welcome Aboard! 

Glad you've joined us here.  Hope you will take a look around at Accessories, and the very popular Book Corner with its Book Clubs.

Cheers,

Marci

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi greyparrot - glad you came out of the closet and joined us.  This is such a fun and happy group of people, with great book suggestions you won't run out of anything to read for a long time.  I'm slowly replacing my dtb on the kindle, but have so many kindle books to read it is difficult to choose.

Welcome  :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts