Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all!

I finally received my first review, and I just had to share. :D since i write under a pen name, I haven't told anyone I published Featherlight, so these boards have become special to me over the past few days.

I awoke this morning to find my first review- 5 stars!! (a legit one, because none of the review exchanges had worked out yet)

Queprecia Spann- "This book was amazing I started this book at 9:00pm . I finished it at 5:00. It was an amazing book for so many reasons. I thought I was going to find 2 yr.old fiction but instead I found a book that kept me guessing what was going to happen next. This book is a ROMANCE ADVENTURE"

I was so excited. Do you remember your first 5 star review? Am I completely overreacting?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I am definitely enjoying it, and I am so thankful that my first review was a good one, because I no there are many bad ones on the horizon. (and hopefully some more good ones as well!)

The toughest part about being an author will be the disappointed readers... I know it will just make me sick getting bad reviews, but I guess that has to happen to everyone. :(

·
Registered
888 Posts
It's the best!

I still only have a couple of reviews on Amazon, but every time online strangers have given me positive feedback about my unpublished work in the past it's always been fantastic. :)
There's nothing that gets me eager to start writing again like a nice boost of positive reinforcement!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know, right?  :D It's like all the hard work has finally payed off, and it's extremely motivating!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Not overreacting at all. Hadn't had a review for about six weeks, then had an absolute gem show up on Christmas Eve. It wasn't just that it was 5*, which was of course wonderful. It was that the reviewer literally seemed to "get" everything I'd tried to accomplish with the book. Still feeling the happy buzz today.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's fantastic! Even though my book is a light read, I completely understand what you mean. Having a person understand the message you're trying to send makes it even more special. :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Congrats! That's great!

I am still waiting for the first review of my mom's book. People are buying it so hopefully it will be soon!

Emily

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: I don't mean to bump, but I just received my second review on the same day! Another five stars.

"Featherlight is an impressive debut YA novel from a young writer: an intriguing and exhilarating blend of sci-fi, fantasy, romance and some hard gritty realism.
In this story we are drawn into the troubled life of Jacqueline Winter, a girl with attitude. She's had to be tough in order to survive what her short life has thrown at her. And when events take a very unexpected turn Jacqueline has to draw on her last reserves of strength and determination to find her place, and maybe even happiness, in an alien world.
A stunning achievement. I look forward to the next book from this talented author."

If this keeps up I'll never get any sleep.   ::)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts