Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yipppeeee. My Dad is 82 today...but I'm the one who got the "gift"!!!

MY BOSS and HIS WIFE: gave me my Christmas bonus; $400. Holy SH#@!!! I nearly passed out!! It sure would be great to spend much of it on book$ for Kindle...but the next college tuition payment is due by Jan 7th to the tune of $9,756. Ouch.

Still, receiving that hefty of a bonus made me feel so proud of myself. I never get a compliment or much appreciation at home; (us Moms/Wives often feel taken for granted). It was nice to feel appreciated for my work. My boss said, "you are the brains of this operation, we wouldn't be where we are without you." I wanted to call my mother to ask if I could borrow her breathing inhaler!! I'm stoked!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Woohoo, SJC!

That's great news, Merry Christmas!  That's great validation!!!!  (Maybe you could divert a few dollars towards Kindlebooks--do a little thing for yourself, even if it's $25-$50!)

Congratulations!

Betsy

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Betsy:  I was shocked!!  I will say that I do work my tail off; but that's just my nature...I wasn't expecting to be rewarded that (pardon the pun) richly.

·
Registered
869 Posts
SJC,

What a wonderful event for you. Being recognized for all your hard work & being surprised by the bonus amount.

Merry Christmas,

Marci

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Congratulations,
How wonderful, wonderful, wonderful for you.  And for them to have such great words to say to go with your bonus is equally as great.
Have a very merry Christmas.
debbie

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
What a wonderful Merry Christmas gift! Congratulations on being rewarded for all your hard work!

L

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THANKS ALL.  I'm still so shocked and excited.  I think with taking care of my Mom and running both households; this was the highlight of the past several months. 

Maybe I'll put 25 towards books for me and the 375 will barely make a dent in the college books for the upcoming semester.  Tough with two in college at the same time.  I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.  We all want our children to have better opportunities than we had.  Though, I sincerely believe the workforce is far more competetive today, than in our days.  Now, you have to have that college degree and then some.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Congratulations, sjc. How wonderful to have a boss that recognizes and appreciates you. And, in today's economy, anyone who gets a bonus of any size has much reason to be thankful!

·
Registered
869 Posts
sjc said:
THANKS ALL. I'm still so shocked and excited. I think with taking care of my Mom and running both households; this was the highlight of the past several months.

Maybe ??? I'll put 25 towards books for me and ....
SJC -

There ain't no "maybe" about! Seriously, taking care of your family PLUS your Mom & her household PLUS work PLUS whatever else life throws at you = TREAT YOURSELF TO A VERY WELL-EARNED & DESERVED BREAK!

Thanks for hearing my rather emphatic 2 cents,

Marci

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
SJC - I am so very proud of you for going to school, and all your other duties, it is extremely difficult.  You definitely deserve a nice bonus, it is very rare that we get recognition at work and I think that is wonderful that you get the kudos AND the proof.

Feliz Navidad

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Congrats on your bonus sjc... you deserve it! I do hope you did decide to set aside some for yourself. I understand how hard it is for us moms to do that. There was a time when I used all my Christmas/birthday/bonus money to buy for my kids, hubby or parents. I am better at treating myself now, but sometimes I still need a bit of encouragement to follow through! Enjoy!! :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Congratulations on your well deserved bonus!  It is so good to be appreciated.  I agree with so many posts before me, you need to spend at least a little of that bonus on yourself (books or otherwise).  It's yours and you earned it, feel good about it.

There's a lesson for all you spouses, children, bosses, etc. out there, remember, everybody is willing to do a little more when they are appreciated.  Not to mention, those people probably also deserve to be appreciated.  Now, everybody run and say thank you to someone  :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts