Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Money for nothing and your chicks for free... Sting sort of got it right in his song that he wrote for Dire Straits. Just look what a little help from friends can do for you. That song put both MTV and Dire Straits on the World Map.

Cultivating friendships amongst readers and fellow authors is always a good way to help yourself in more ways than one. First of all, your fellow authors are a wealth of information and advice. You don't always have to take the advice or act on the information, but it is there for you to use... or not. And secondly, who couldn't always use a few more friends? I have made several friends on these boards and sometimes look with sadness upon some of the posts here that require moderation, but I am not talking about that now.

I am talking about true friendship, positive attitudes and bright outlooks.

If we all try to boost each other up or reach back and pull someone up behind us, we can never go wrong. I am inspired to write this thread because one of my dear friends whom I met on the KB a couple of years ago. She recently mentioned me in one of her blogs and for that kind of publicity, no monetary value can be attached.

http://norahwilsonwrites.com/wordpress/

·
Registered
178 Posts
Good story. Not many know about the connection between Sting and Dire Straits. It shows Synergy. I believe in it. We should try it here. One person writes a plot, another person turns it into a novel. One person promotes a book, another person reviews one. Working together, all of us reach our dreams. Together = much stronger than individual. I think this is nice.

Also now this song is in my head. Quite catchy. Those were good times, good songs.
Brendan Carroll said:
Money for nothing and your chicks for free... Sting sort of got it right in his song that he wrote for Dire Straits. Just look what a little help from friends can do for you. That song put both MTV and Dire Straits on the World Map.

Cultivating friendships amongst readers and fellow authors is always a good way to help yourself in more ways than one. First of all, your fellow authors are a wealth of information and advice. You don't always have to take the advice or act on the information, but it is there for you to use... or not. And secondly, who couldn't always use a few more friends? I have made several friends on these boards and sometimes look with sadness upon some of the posts here that require moderation, but I am not talking about that now.

I am talking about true friendship, positive attitudes and bright outlooks.

If we all try to boost each other up or reach back and pull someone up behind us, we can never go wrong. I am inspired to write this thread because one of my dear friends whom I met on the KB a couple of years ago. She recently mentioned me in one of her blogs and for that kind of publicity, no monetary value can be attached.

http://norahwilsonwrites.com/wordpress/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts