Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I was somewhat hesitant to post threads of my books, but a few members have urged me to do so, so I'm finally giving in!

The Assassin is a western with some mystery elements mixed in. It is about a gunfighter who is hired to kill someone though nobody knows who, or who hired him to do it (even he doesn't know who hired him).

I actually thought that it was gonna be published by one of the major publishing houses as they were initially considering it, but they ultimately decided to pass on it. I hope you enjoy it if you do decide to read it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and I also should have mentioned that a portion of the proceeds will benefit St. Jude Childrens Hospital. I donate a portion of each books sales to a charity.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Rye, thanks for posting this, I enjoy Westerns and I know we have members who love them. It's a bargain at $3.19!  And, there are two short stories I can get, too, cool!

Betsy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Look forward to reading it.  One of the things I love about the Kindle is the chance to read some pre print material ... thanks for sharing your work.  Phil

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Rye - just ordered your book, for $3.19, I am an avid western fan.  I have almost a complete collection of Louis L'Amour, a lot of J. T. Edson, Elmore Leonard, Olin Thompson, etc., so it will be fun to see how you differ.  Believe me I'll let you know, pm if not good and broadcast here if good.

Glad to have another author to read!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
The premise sounds really great, but the sample on the site you gave is completely unreadable. I don't mean the content - I am referring to the formatting. It's all one jumbled paragraph - impossible to read properly.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, its been fixed. It's actually readable now!  :)  As an aside, thanks to all who have bought the book. The response has actually been overwhelming and the book rose to #1 in the Western section of the Kindle. I hope everyone is having a happy new years! Don't drink too much!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts