Kindle Forum banner

2441 - 2460 of 2559 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
ShaneCarrow said:
Probably a bit early for this, but does anyone (particularly anyone in Melbourne) use an accountant for their book stuff? My day job and financial life is straightforward enough that I don't need one for that, but I did have a good one last financial year - good except he was damn near impossible to get in touch with when I was trying to get my tax bill paid off* before the deadline. I could just go to HR Block I guess, but if anyone in Melbourne has an accountant who's used to doing small (measly small) business stuff, especially anything to do with self publishing, I'd love to know.

(*You might wonder why, if he was a good accountant, I ended up with a tax bill at all. Turns out my day job didn't tell the ATO about my HECS debt. Whoops!)
https://www.facebook.com/Colin-Perryman-Accounting-Services-115468709133801/
Colin Perryman. He works remotely if needed and has loads of experience in the creative industries. He's also very nice and quite affordable.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Createspace have been slowly adding to my Euro balance for about 7 years now without getting to the 108 Euro threshold required to issue a cheque. If Payoneer can wring that out of them it's worth a try.

·
Registered
529 Posts
JB Rowley said:
I have used Accounting Solutions, Bairnsdale for years. Excellent service and they know their stuff. I've never met them personally - all done by email. Easy peasey. Link: http://www.accountingsolutionsvictoria.com.au/
spellscribe said:
https://www.facebook.com/Colin-Perryman-Accounting-Services-115468709133801/
Colin Perryman. He works remotely if needed and has loads of experience in the creative industries. He's also very nice and quite affordable.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Simon Haynes said:
Createspace have been slowly adding to my Euro balance for about 7 years now without getting to the 108 Euro threshold required to issue a cheque. If Payoneer can wring that out of them it's worth a try.
Payoneer are really good for getting those smaller payments :)

I recently thought about moving to Transferwise but you need an ABN. I've got one but the letter they sent me with it on is back home in Australia so it might take a while before I can open an account.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Does anyone know hot to set up a United Kingdom bank account on Amazon? I am using Payoneer, and trying to add the British bank details into KDP, but the account number does not have enough numbers in it. Amazon says it has a minimum of 15, and yet the account number on Payoneer is only 8 numerals long.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I am also not sure why no royalties have been paid into my US account. The EU one got paid within a few days of me setting up the account, but the US one has nothing. I think Payoneer said Amazon was transferring money to it, and yet none showed up and it does not show up under the "payments" tab in Reports on KDP.

I am confused. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I just used the US account for all currencies (barring AUD and those which are over 100 a month anyway)

If you think about it, US authors get paid their euros/mexican whatevers/brazilian reals when the balance reaches US$10, and don't need separate accounts for them all. We're doing the same thing.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
kathrynoh said:
Payoneer are really good for getting those smaller payments :)
Just confirming amazon KDP and Createspace have indeed coughed up all those small EU/JPY/whatever amounts they've been accruing on my behalf. I just got a large batch of emails from them.

The oldest amounts are from 2012.

·
Banned
2,208 Posts
Simon Haynes said:
If you think about it, US authors get paid their euros/mexican whatevers/brazilian reals when the balance reaches US$10
I get payments of less than $10 every month. Indeed, I once got a payment of 97 cents from the BR store.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
notjohn said:
I get payments of less than $10 every month. Indeed, I once got a payment of 97 cents from the BR store.
Thanks! That's good news indeed.

I was probably thinking of Createspace, because I thought one of them had a min $10. Ohh .. maybe it's the amazon affiliates account?

Anyway, better in my pocket than theirs!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Anybody heard from KDP about if/when we'll be able to get Author/Proof paperback copies again since we've been locked out of the .com store?
Now that KDP do expanded distribution for paperbacks it'd be great to just tick that box for some titles I have with them instead of going through the process of setting them up on Ingram, but then I'd have no way of getting hardcopies of my own books (except at full retail price+). I just emailed them myself asking if they had any timeframe on fixing this issue, but thought I'd see if anyone else had heard something.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Selina Fenech said:
Anybody heard from KDP about if/when we'll be able to get Author/Proof paperback copies again since we've been locked out of the .com store?
Now that KDP do expanded distribution for paperbacks it'd be great to just tick that box for some titles I have with them instead of going through the process of setting them up on Ingram, but then I'd have no way of getting hardcopies of my own books (except at full retail price+). I just emailed them myself asking if they had any timeframe on fixing this issue, but thought I'd see if anyone else had heard something.
I'd love to know this too. Just starting to think about doing paperbacks, but if I can't get proofs, it makes me a bit leery.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Also waiting.  I'm with createspace, happy with their service but I believe KDP allows you to update covers and interiors without pulling the book from sale, which is a huge plus for me. (What can I say, I'm a tinkerer.)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Here's the response I got from KDP. Mostly just explaining again the whole GST thing, and saying they have no idea when it will be fixed (saying it won't be until GST law changes? Surely there's another way around this). But they did say they'd pass the feedback and request for this service along, so maybe if more of us keep on them about it they will sort something out.

To remain compliant with changes to the GST law in Australia, from July 1, 2018, we've changed the way KDP authors in Australia access their books on Amazon. Authors can purchase retail copies of their paperbacks through a Global Store option on amazon.com.au. However, proof and author copies will no longer be able to be shipped to Australian addresses. I understand that this is a huge disadvantage and I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please note that these changes do not affect the ability to continue to list your books on our international sites or have them shipped to eligible non-Australian addresses.

Since we had to make these changes to compliant with the GST law in Australia we are unable to tell you if author/proof copies will available in the future for Australian publishers. This will only be available if the GST law in Australia will make the changes so that we can also change the way Australian publisher have access to their books on Amazon.

I've also passed this as feedback on to the business team so that they are aware and as we plan further improvements. Feedback serves an important role in helping us provide better service. Thanks for taking time to offer us your thoughts.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep, it's disgusting the situation the GST debacle has put us in. I put the blame squarely on the government, since Amazon made no secret of their intentions. I am considering a change to Lulu since they print in Melbourne and are a butt load easier to deal with than Ingram Spark.

·
Registered
42 Posts
They have budget and premium paperbacks, the budget are apparently similar cost to CS, but since they print them in melbourne, I can only assume delivery to Australia will be reasonable. How have you found their hardcovers?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Well, I'm tranferring my paperbacks to KDP and then I'm going to write them an email. I'll say I've done the conversion and now I'd like to order some author copies thanks.

2441 - 2460 of 2559 Posts